Chapter 18

Val's pov

I fell in love with him. his never ending kindness, loving nature, and something just flicked in my head and everything seemed to be in slow motion around us. I stared into his blue eyes while he stared at me. He leaned in and I met him half way wrapping my arms around his neck while locking lips. His arms found their way around my waist. I felt every muscle in his back, tense and tight. I unlocked our lips and put my hand on his face smiling.

"Are we together then?" He asked with a smile.

"Do you want to be?"

"Yes." he replied and I laid my head on his shoulder.

He kissed the top of my head and I pecked his cheek quickly. he pulled away and grabbed my wrist and started to lead me away from the celebration and to a special view. I followed but my lips still tingled with the softness of his.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"A special view that I think you will really like." he replied.

He pushed apart a curtain of vines and led me out to a cliff with a beautiful tile work and a waterfall flowing on the right. the view was above the tree tops and the moonlight shining full in the sky. My breath was a sharp intake and I took in the beauty around me.

"It's... amazing," I say still admiring the marvelous view.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned back against his firm chest. I tilted my head up and kissed him on the cheek and put my arms behind me and around his neck. we stood there and I thought, how did this happen?

Legolas pov

I took a shot at asking her to the celebration and I can honestly say, it paid off. While dancing I couldn't help but get lost in her blue eyes that were as shallow as a pond but as deep as the ocean. I leaned in and kissed her soft, red lips and they moved in sync. I decided the best thing to do was to take her to my most prize view that not even my father knew about for it was hidden behind a curtain of vines. I was the happiest elloth in all of middle earth. I thought to myself, what could go wrong?

Val pov

"It's getting late, I should probably go back because I am getting sleepy." I said while unwrapping my arms.

"Ok, and thank you val,"

"For what?"

"For giving me hope of love," he said and I walked out.

I traveled into the castle once more and I walked in an empty corridor with silence am my thoughts in my head. Suddenly Tauriel walked passed me and As soon as I nodded my head she had her arm at my throat and me against the wall.

"I see what you're doing," she said angrily.

"What am I doing?"

"You know what," she said pushing harder on my air passage,"you are stealing my prince away from me!"

"He is not your prince,"

"He was! Until you showed up!" She yelled.

"Whatever feelings he had before, are probably gone and we are together,"

"What?" he hissed, "he loves me, I know it." she said and let go.

"Leave now. If you want to confirm, talk to Legolas himself." I replied and walked away.

I rubbed my neck where she trapped me and looked into the mirror to see red lines across my neck. I changed and put a cold wash cloth on the marks. She is probably going to try and make my life miserable, while I am still here at least. I drifted off and wondered.

Legolas pov

On my way back to my camber I was confronted by Tauriel.

"Do we lead another attack on the spider nest?" She asked me.

"Yes, early tomorrow morning we will depart and scout, and if need, attack." I replied.

"Would you like me to inform the others my lord?"

"Yes please, I must retire for sleep is overcoming me, excuse me please," I replied and we parted.

I undressed and placed on a sleeping pare of trousers and stayed shirtless as I slipped under the sheets of my bed.

Tauriel pov

I will get him back. even if I have to rid him of her I will. She had ok right to waltz in and steal him which I have been at since I started to like him. Only issue is because he is royalty, it would take a lot to let his father bless us. like a princess forgetting who she was and lived as a commoner in another part of middle earth. It is the perfect plan. I just need outside help for this. someone who ahas grudge against legolas. and wants val.