Chapter 17

Hey guys! Love you all voting and don't forget to comment! This chapter is dedicated to _bill_the_pony for voting for many of my chapters!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Val's pov

"Thought I would find you here." a voice behind me did and I identified it as legolas.

"Thought you were getting healed." I replied with a smirk.

"Healers let me go early and I decided to try and find you" he said.

I told him about my encounter with Chrissy and he laughed at the silly ness of the children everywhere. we sat there and eventually I helped him walk to the castle to retire to bed. I remembered that tomorrow there is a ball to celebrate the defeat of the orcs and I opened my closet doors. I decide to wear a dark purple one strap dress that
reached the floor. with delicate detail on the bodice. I climbed into bed and fell into a disturbed sleep.

There was fire burning around me, I was in mirkwood. I was in the village and realized that there were dead bodies littered around me and next to my feet was Chrissy, and I felt tears stream down my face as I held her head in my arms. I blinked and she was gone. it was all gone. then, Legolas appears next to me with three arrows in him and his eyes are closed. I kneel down again and touch his arm which makes him open his eyes and he needed to say something.

"This is your fault, you could have saved us all" he said and he light faded from his eyes.

I screamed out and I channeled all my power and had it come out from all around me. Tears streaming down my face and then, sadness turned to anger. I got up and opened the closest door.

I appear in another place where it is the stronghold of orcs. I walk in and all I feel is anger. Whatever buildings I pass or enemies that charge at me are vaporized into the air. this continues until I reach the castle. I flung everything in my way to wherever I choose. I walk up to the king and grabbed him by the throat and crushed his throat and finally I felt somewhat avenged.

I slowly opened my eyes and let the sun hit my face. I shifted to get more sun and resulted in falling and hitting the floor by the bed.

"Ow" I said to myself.

I grabbed black trousers and and put on my armor to go and train. after getting a few feet from my door, a messenger runs up to me and says that my presence is requested by King Thranduil. I thank him and he runs off again, while I make my way toward the throne room.

"Ah val, come in please" he said to me.

"Yes my king thranduil?"

"This may be fast but, do you love my son?"

I stood there stunned, unable to think about what to say.

"Why the question?"

"I would like to know the feelings of my guest," he replied.

"Your son is a great person and a great friend but I do not think that I would be a good fit for him when plenty of other people are available." I said looking down.

"But that is what's different about you, you take life on how it is, not how you would like it to be," he said

"I think neither of us actually understand. I am a time bomb and the time is ticking," I said. " and I'm going to blow up in someone's face and Id rather it not be someone who is someone dear to my heart."

"Very well, you are dismissed" he said and turned around.

I walked out and thought about legolas. I could see us getting married, having children and spend out lives together. I smile in that thought but my thoughts were plagued with Tauriel and how close they are. She understands him but does not hold a royal title for she is just captain of the guard and that will never work for the king.

"Val! wait up!" I heard an turned around.

"Oh hi legolas, what's up?" I replied while waiting for him to catch up even when running.

"I heard that my father summoned you, what was it about?"

"It was... about... that he was just wondering how I was feeling after everything." I said quickly.

"Oh ok, how are you feeling?"

"Better, and thank you for getting me out of that mess," I said.

"Where are you going?"

"To train a little, why?"

"Don't forget that tonight is the celebration," he said and my eyes widened.

I had totally forgot about it and was just going to train the entire day.

"I'm going to take that as you forgot," he said while laughing.

"Oh, shut up. but I didn't totally forget." I said while walking toward my chambers once more.

I set my dress out and turned the water on to warm. I undressed and put my hair up into a bun. I felt a few hairs fall out and frame my face. I slipped into the tub and let the warm water roll over my skin. I laid back in pleasure and enjoyed some true relaxation. just then I heard a knock on the door and asked who it was. the door opened and I yelled.

"Oh, sorry val, I thought you said come in." the very embarrassed Legolas said as he quickly close the door.

Thank goodness, I thought, at least I was covered by the water but he still needs to learn privacy!

"What did you need, Legolas?"

"Um, the time has been moved up and we will start in an hour." he replied still sounding embarrassed.

"Ugh, ok thank you," I said and got up and covered myself with a towel.

I dried off and poked my head out if the bathroom door. Legolas had left and I slipped the dress on and got my wedges that were three inch. I got a silver barrett and clipped my hair back and left the rest down in a wavy mess. I put on silver earrings, my mothers necklace which was a heart locket with a picture of my siblings while elladan was holding Arwen as a baby and I was on ellrohir's shoulders laughing. the other picture were my parents smiling. I put it around my neck and sighed in the mirror. I wore it everyday but refused to let others see it. I remember when I gave it to Legolas to never forget and it worked. he pressed to give it back so I took it and it holds more memories than ever before. I walked out onto the balcony and looked out over the tree tops. I heard laughing coming down from the village and decided it was time to leave. from the plans half in the village, and half in the ballroom of the palace.

I walked out of my room and closed the door behind me. As I walked down the twists and turns, I thought about how Legolas looks at me and I smiled at that. I walked out of the doors and took the ten minute walk toward the special part of the village and saw a ton of people laughing, dancing and having a great time. I was greeted several times and two hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who?" The person asked

"Hmmmm, I think... legolas" I replied with a laugh and my vision returned.

I turned around and smile at Legolas who I was now exactly the same height with my wedges.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked while holding out his hand.

"Why of course, prince Legolas," I said with a smile.

I took his hand and he led me onto the dance floor. He put his hand on my waist and mine fell to his shoulder. We swayed back and forth to the music from the band of elves in the corner. I stared into his eyes and I have to say, I fell in love.