Chapter 9

Val pov

After the guards came back in and they looked amazed.

Guard- it's a miracle.
L- indeed, it seems that we will have Lady Val for another day

He said this with a warm smile at me. we decided that it would be best if we left now only to find our that one elf, and two horses had been killed. Legolas insisted that I ride with him in case I get "mysteriously" injured again. Tauriel bonded my leg with a cloth so no infection would take place and I would get better in Mirkwood. I laid my head on his shoulder for support and watched as the world drifted by.

Legolas pov

I felt very protective of her the minute I met her. though I feared for her safety I assured myself that she would be ok. I talked to Tauriel on the way and as we quieted down I thought about how my father would react when he sees Val, though she refused to show me the other half of the letter from my father so it plagued my mind what was on it. something about me? Something about Tauriel? Something terrible? These thoughts were constantly in my head. as we neared the forest I sighed in relief that I was home.

L- welcome to the green wood, Val
V- it's amazing, though I see a darkness lays upon this forest.

Although it did hold some of its former beauty, the corruption somewhere in Dol Gudur sickened the enviorment and it's animals.

I leaned down next toner eat and whispered to her.

L- how did you do that earlier with the water?
V- not here, I will explain later.

Val pov

He asked me how I did it.to be honest I don't know but the King would not try to kill me without a way out because why did he keep me alive this far?

I loved the forest and it made me feel at peace. though as we reached the village we slowed to a walk on the horse. little elleths and elloths looked up in amazement and I waved to a little girl who jumped up to give Legolas a flower and pointed to me. he smiled and nodded and have me a blue and purple flower. I thanked her but we were already too far away for her to hear me. I swept my black hair around my ear and put the flower in my hair. I forgot that I was wearing my blue top and blue skirt instead of the traditional outfits. when we approached the gates they were opened and we were led to the stables. upon getting of the horse I found thy I could not put pressure on my leg that was bonded. Tauriel came over and offered a hand. she put one arm around her neck and I lent on her while putting as little pressure possible. Legolas went ahead and informed his father that we had arrived.

"You will be ok, my lady," tauriel said to me and I smiled back.

"Thank you for helping me," I replied.

We entered the throne room to see a magnificent seat which sat King Thranduil of the green wood. there was a bench that I sat down on with the help of Tauriel.

Thranduil=T

T- welcome, my dear to mirkwood.
V- pleased to me here my King.
T- I hear that you are coming from Lorien instead of Rivendell. why is that?
V- when I was imprisoned and offered the same deal everyday. to join the other side.
T-ah, I see. are you putting my kingdom in danger?
V- no, my king. but my father sent you a letter and you said you had already received one. may I ask what was in it?
T- yes, well as you know, you are the oldest lady of Rivendell. my son is the only suitable suitor for the two families. I wanted to talk to you about this when my son was not in the room.
V- I agree but surely he has feelings for another elleth rather than an elf he met in a prison.
T- I believe he does, but none of royal standard.
V- I see, now of it is so kind of you, may I see a healer for my injuries from the travel here?
T- of course, thank you for coming to meet with me.