Chapter 19

Val's pov

I awoke and saw a maid in my room, putting my clothes away.

"You don't have to do that... what is your name?"

"Melody," she replied.

"Melody, you don't have have to do that,"

"I have to miss," she said

I disregarded it and after she left, I started picking out my clothes for the day. Legolas would probably want to tell his father so I decided to wear a black skirt that came down to my ankles and a white blouse and put my hair up into a bun. As I walked out, I saw Legolas walking with a bunch of guards an tauriel, equipped for battle. Legolas saw me and excused himself and started to walk over.

"Where are you going?" I asked

"We have to scout and or destroy a spider nest so they can't infest the forest anymore."

"Ok, be careful," I replied and hugged him and the guards said they had to leave.

I caught Tauriel glaring at me but I couldn't care less. I honestly believed that he would never do anything to hurt me. I walked to the kitchen and upon entering, all chefs stopped.

"Yes my lady?" One asked me.

"Can I help prepare the meal?" I asked, "I know how to cook,"

"Of course this way." he replied.

I went to work and put on an apron with previous flour on it. they all kinda stared at me and once I got to know all of their names, we started getting along and made a meal of lunch for the guards returning and for the king. We made salad and fruit bowls. By the time everyone arrived in the dinning hall, we were ready. I peaked out and saw Legolas talking to his after and he gestured at my seat and looked worried. I smile to myself and get ready to surprise him as a waiter.

"Come on! Let's go!" We all cheered

We walked out and I served all drinks with a pitcher of wine and a pitcher of water. The look on his face was priceless when he saw me walk out in a apron and top with a skirt and pitchers. I served everyone and proceeded to the kitchen where we all eat together. we laughed and we were in the middle of a joke circle when it all went silent.

"Val, come with me please," I heard a deep voice from the doorway.

"Why?"

"Just come," he said and I reluctantly followed him out.

"What is it?" I asked

"What are you doing?"

"Am I not allowed to interact with other people?" I asked angry now.

"No! They serve they don't interact!" He replied yelling.

"They are people! Don't treat treat them like that!"

"Why are you defending them?"

"Because I want to! You should be ashamed of your self!"

"Fine then just stay with them!"

"Don't come near me again! Ever!" I screamed and marched of to my chamber.

I opened the door and slammed it behind me, locking it. I heard Legolas knocking and saying to open the door. I refused and I heard him leave in a huff. I flopped on the bed and sighed. I grabbed a piece of parchment and sat at my desk with ink. I made a letter to my father and siblings about how I have been.

Dear father,
How have you been? I am enjoying my time here and King Thranduil is very appreciate that I am here. His son, prince Legolas, is very welcome and pleasant to me. I hope to travel easy to Imadris soon but I don't know when that happens. We had a battle with the orcs and I will fill you in with those details when I see you but I know I will be traveling to Lorien soon for I have t council with Lady Galadriel.
Valerie

I signed the bottom and decided to write a separate one to my sister for her advice.

Dearest Arwen,
I wrote a letter to all of you as a family but now I need to personally talk to you. Legolas is an amazing person and I think I am falling for him, but he can be overprotective a lot. we are together at the moment but I don't know how long it will last. Another ha her eyes set on him and has threatened me as well, although I am not even remotely scared of her. I need advice and I have no one to help with this. write back and see you soon enough.
Val

I enclosed them in packages and wrote personal for Arwen and left the other with family. I opened my door and walked quickly toward the messenger and saw he was about to leave.

"Wait!" I yelled and he obliged.

"Yes my lady?"

"Could you take these to imadris for me?"

"Of course," he replied and took them and rode off.

Hopefully my sister will go to Lorien and I can see her.