Chapter 23

Val's pov

I woke up and headed to training for a little bit until about 9:00am and I headed back to my chambers to get ready for breakfast. Upon arriving to my room and heading to my bed I laid eyes on a letter on top of the blue sheets. it was a pale cream color and had a red seal on it with my name on the back. I opened and started to read.

Dear val, meet me in the garden at 2:00p.m. I want to show you something.
Legolas

P.s- don't be late!

I put the letter back in its envelope and went to sleep.

This morning I helped make breakfast by going in an helping he cooks. I told them jokes while baking the pastries filled with chocolate from rivendell. I also made them laugh and skipped breakfast with the king and prince or should I say future husband and I ate with the servants today and it was so much fun. they are all friends of mine now though for I do not ask much of them. I view them as ordinary people am I don't want that to fade when I become queen. I thought about the letter and how the garden was where he first proposed to me so it held a special meaning in my heart. around 1:00 I returned to my room and changed into a royal blue dress and braided my hair with the help of melody.

M- good luck, tell me all about it!
V- of course. see you soon Mel!

I walked around and by 1:45 I started toward the garden and upon arriving exactly at 2:00, I turned the corner and saw him locked lips with tauriel!

V- Legolas?
L- val, it's not what it looks like!
V- really? Because it looks like you are kissing Tauriel!
L- please, I can explain!

He started walking toward me and I backed up and shook my head and I could feel tears rising up but I had I remain strong.

V- how could you? The only person I truly could let in, but I guess it was all and act for father.
L- that's not true.
V- ho-. that's not important now, the wedding is off.
L- please.

He grabbed my arm but I just pulled away and slapped him.

V- do not come near me again for as long as I remain here.
T- leave! Legolas you don't need her, you have me.

With that note she roughly grabbed his face and crashed her lips against his once more and I walked away and once I was out of their sight I ran. I ran and didn't stop running until I reached my room and I closed and locked the door. I flung myself into the be and just and just cried. I couldn't believe that he is this to me. never again.

Two hours later I heard a knock at the door and I heard melody's voice behind the wood.

M- Val? Are you ok? Legolas has been searching everywhere for you and even asked me. can you please let me in?
V- slowly I got up and opened the door to see her which she looked fine until she saw the tear stains on my face. she put down the basket that she was holding just inside my room and closed the door behind her and Locke it.

M- what happened?
V- mel, I am no longer engaged.
M- what? Why?
V- when I arrive at the garden, I turned the corner to see him and tauriel kissing and as I was leaving, after slapping him, she kissed him again an I don't even think he came after me. I have been in here for two hours.
M- that's terrible. that jerk! How could he?!

Now telling that she was mad she quickly asked if I need anything to drink or eat . right after she left after insisting bringing me soup and sweets, there was a knock at the door and the most annoying voice of all time.

L- val, I have checked everywhere else, I know you're in there. please just let me talk to you.
V- you know what? No. you broke me, and I can never go back. ever.
L- please, you have to listen.
V- why should I listen to anything you say?
L- because we love each other.
V- correction, we did. good bye Legolas.

He sighed and I heard something slump against the second side of the door. then heard melody scarf voice.

M- um I think I just knocked out the prince of mirkwood.
V- what?

I said quickly openeing the door to see him knocked out and propped up against the door.

V- oh god,this is not good.
M- your telling me! I'm a servant!
V- mel, I am leaving tonight to head back to rivendell, my home. will you come with me?
M- well, I don't have any other family here and I think I just committed treason, so yeah I will.
V- oh thank you so much! You won't have to work as a servant any more! I will tell my father and I will make sure that you can live with me!
M- thank you. now pack lightly, I will arrange the food and the horses considering it is dark, we should make it out unnoticed.

I agreed and packed what I would need and Mel was off already. upon walking out I also grabbed my weapons and I wrote a quick note.

Dear legolas, by the time you read this, I will be long gone, I plan on leaving. just know that the time spent with you were amazing and now none of that will be remembered if we ever meet in the future again. You broke me, and if I ever see you again it will be too soon. have fun marrying the true love of your life, Tauriel.
Val

I taped it onto the door and I crouched down and kissed his forehead. I also took my ring off and put it in his open hand as well as my necklace that was given to me in the village.

I met melody and mounted my horse, I looked at her and off into the dead of night we rode into the darkness.