222: With a Million Lies, The Truth Will Rise to Tear You Apart

Mulai dari awal

"What?" Blake said in a low voice.

"Of course..." Weiss muttered. "Just like Underland... people travel worlds... whoa."

"Until one day, out of the blue, there arrived two new beings on the small planet," Jinn said.

[The fact that the RWBY show confirmed this theory that we came up with ages before we saw Volume 9's finale is too funny to me. None of y'all haters can't say a dang thing to me about this not being how it happened because the show already said we were right! But our explanation was slightly different. Put it up to interpretation.]

The screen showed the gods appearing, not as humanoid persons, but more like smoke and light clouds.

They floated over the ground and passed by the humans, who didn't seem to notice them.

"The Brothers Grimm found the world new and utterly lacking in established rulership. Every small group of men just did as they pleased or agreed upon with their neighbors," Jinn went on--and her tone implied this was the first time she was hearing some of this also.

The brothers then took the forms of dragons and began to confer somewhere on a hilltop.

[Note: While it may not have any real significance, hilltops are often used as sites for pagan shrines or temples, while the Bible says strictly not to build alters or temples on high places because of the exposure, and probably because it's less accessible to the weak or lame to get there.]

"This is a fresh new world, ripe for cultivating," the brother who was light spoke first. "It would be perfect to establish ourselves in."

"If only there weren't already humans here," the other replied. "They will ruin it as they do every world. Soon there will be wars and laws and civilizations."

"So much the better. No kind of authority could be established without some form of organization," the brother of light said. "I think it will do nicely. We could rule them well."

"Suppose they don't like to be ruled?" the dark one said. "I could destroy them all."

"That is not likely to be allowed," said the light one reprovingly. "After all, they are already here. You wouldn't want to incur the wrath of those above." [To avoid confusion, by 'those' he could either be referring to the triune nature of God, or to the fact that there are other spirits that serve God who are said in, the Bible and in other religions, to do actions of judgment or war for Him.]

"Surely they are not here already, so they will not care," said the dark one.

"They are always here," said the light one. "And He, He Himself knows all."

"Others have ruled the worlds before," the dark one protested, though more subdued.

"I think it could be done as long as the children of men accept us," the light one said, with more confidence. "I say we should win them over. Let's see." He rubbed his chin in the grass the way a human might rub it with their hand. "We could promise them power... Yes, we could grant them dominion over the elements... even over each other. Through magic." He held up his claw, and colored light swirled in it.

"I'm sure that will only encourage them to rule themselves," the other said skeptically.

"More then? I could show them new crafts and technology," the light one insisted. "How to harness the power of the beasts, how to write, all manner of things."

"It won't do any good," said the dark one. "Unless there is something to keep them down. Every race must have its adversary, no matter what..."

He swirled around, and then he said, "I have it!"