Wake up kid

Next thing I knew I was being shouted at to get up and things were being thrown at me too. I unhappily sat up in my bed to see Sodapop and Steve throwing stuffed animals, a football , and who knows what else at me. "Okay Dumb and Dumber i'm up" I yelled at them as I shut my door. I grabbed my shoe box from under my bed and dug through the box to find a cig. I smoked as I sat in my desk chair by the window. I put it out and tossed it out the window. I threw on some blue jeans and some old shirt with a car on it. I opened my door to see Everyone in the kitchen.

      I turned the corner to see Pony making eggs, Soda and Steve arm wrestling at the table and Darry was doing the dishes. I sat down at the table by the rowdy bunch. "Hey how's your arm feeling KayLee?" Darry asked. I looked down at it still in the white dirty bloody bandage. "Don't know, I haven't taken the bandage off yet." I replied as I took a long swing of my orange juice. " Well take it off we gotta make sure it doesn't get infected" he walked back to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. I started to take the wrap off my arm. I felt like someone was standing behind me. Someone Dally was.

      He reached down and grabbed my wrist to look at the gash. "You'll live sweetheart" He let go of my hand and it dropped to the table. "Where'd you leave in a rush last night?" Steve asked him. "Got bored, Rodeos just aint my thing." He Started to talk with his hands. Darry walked back in. "KayLee get your butt over here" I walked over to the sink. I knew what he was about to do. He dumped alcohol on the gash. All while he held my hand over the sink. "Darry just put a bandage on it and called it good."I pulled my hand back. "Fine you little baby" He put some triple antibiotic and a new bandage on my wrist.

      "Don't think you're doing that again" I told Darry as I grabbed my wrist with my other one rubbing it. "I'll do what I damn want to" He chuckled as he put the stuff back in the case. He wasn't worried about my head that much cause it was just a few stitches and it had them bandages on them. It was practically healed. It was gonna leave a scar but it is what it is .

     " Also I'm working late tonight so after work come straight home" He paused looking at all of us "No drinking or smoking either." He pointed at Steve, Pony , and I. Mainly Steve and I. "Yes Warden" I chuckled as I poured more orange juice as I sat back down. "So why are you working late again? If we need more money I can get an extra shift" I offered him as I stole a piece of Ponyboys bacon. " No that's Me and Sodapop's worries you need to get your asses to school" he was upset as he went to put the First Aid kit away. " Ya get your asses to school" Dally teased as he ate toast with jam on it. He had his feet upon the table.

      "Shut up Dally '' I threw the towel on the counter at him. "Also doll I want my Jacket back sooner than later" he set his half eaten toast on the table as he whipped the crumb of his shirt. Pony dropped his fork as he looked at me with wide eyes. Steve just staring at me with a confused look. Dally had a smirk on his face like he just dropped a nuclear war bomb. I was pissed not because I was scared Darry would find out but because of Steve. " Whatever ass hat." I walked to my room and grabbed his jacket and threw it at him as he was tipping his chair. The jacket made him fall backwards. "I'll be back after work when you get home do your homework and split the wood Pone bye love you" I walked out Steve right behind me. I threw my books in the bed of the truck and climbed in the passenger side.