KayLee v.s Sodapop

I grabbed my DX shirt from behind my seat and buttoned it on. " Are you sure you're alright Steve?" I questioned him once more. " KayLee I'm fine he shouldn't have been talking about Sodapop like he had no right. '' he slammed his hand on the wheel. " Calm down, it's just some good for nothing so" I told him. " I know but still he should talk like that in front of you." he paused "It's just not right" he stopped finally calming down as we turned into the DX. He put his DX shirt on unbuttoned. I hopped out the truck first with one hand in my pocket. Steve just climbed out arms freely. Once we stepped in Buck was there " You guys are la-" he paused looking at Steve then looking at me. I had a shut up and didn't say anything. "Whatever, just don't be late again."

      He just ignored Steve. I walked in the garage first. Sodapop was lying under a car. He heard us come in and saw Steve and his bloody face. Once he came out from under some old yellow slug bug. He sat there confused just staring at Steve. "The hell happened to you?" Soda finally asked, breaking the silence. " It's nothing just some soc" I said before Steve could answer. It didn't stop him from doing so. " Rusty the stupid soc was running his mouth about how you're a dumb drop out" Steve said in one breath. " He deserved it, " Sodapop said. I saw his face drop a bit. He didn't like being called dumb he hated it, he hated the fact he dropped out, he wished he would have stayed but he refuses to go back. 

     He just thinks one try and you're done. With that devastating blow to his dignity Soda went back to work under the car. I brushed it off for now and started to work on an old pick up. We worked and joked around for a few hours when Buck came in the back. " KayLee you got a visitor" he shouted when he walked back to his office, I walked out front to see you guessed Eli. " Whatcha need Hunt?" I asked, throwing my rag on the counter. " Oh my car is just making a weird rattling sound and I just got it so I wanna keep it in good shape." He started to slur his words a bit. He was nervous. " Clam down Hunt I'll take a look at it just pull it round back."

      I told him as I started to walk to the back. I moved the old pick up and had Eli park it in the original spot. "What are you doing here Eli?" he walked over as they did a weird hand shake hug. "Nothing, it's just rattling a lot" he took a double take at Steve's face "Dang old Rusty got you good" he joked pointing at his face. " I got him better" They started to talk while I looked at his car. He came back over and looked over my shoulder. " Jeez back up a bit so I can breathe." I messed with him as I walked to the hood. 

     After a few minutes I came back from under the hood. " It's nothing, you just have low fluid levels in the A/T. Give me a few minutes and you're outta here." "Thanks KayLee appreciate it " He gave me a genuine smile as he walked back out front. I finished his car. And pulled it back out front. "There you go Hunt your all set" I slammed my hand on the hood. "Thanks again I don't know what I would've done if she fell apart" He said as he grabbed the keys from my hand he paused for a second. He leaned in and kissed me. I broke the kiss with my smile. He had his hand on my face and he stopped and looked at me. 

     "See you soon." He hopped in his car and waved as he drove off. I turned around and started to walk in the DX to see Steve and Sodapop standing at the front desk with their jaws dropped. "What the hell KayLee I told you not to mess with boys there, jerks" He said walking towards me. "Not to mention Eli the biggest jerk ever," Steve followed. "Mind your business now let's go shifts over" I said as I smacked my hand on the table walking out to Steve's truck. Once we got back to my house I went straight inside trying to avoid Soda and Steve was still trying to yell at me about Ei. I walked in to find Ponyboy at the table doing his homework. 

     "KayLee I can't believe you seriously" Soda said bursting through the front door. I grabbed a beer ignoring him. "KayLee end it with him now. I mean it's Eli Hunt who cheated on his last girlfriend for Pete's sake!" he shouted once more. I took a swing of my beer before he grabbed it. " KayLee, im being serious, end it now he's just using you, that's what guys do!" he shouted, taking a breath. " I'm not letting my little sister get played by him, he's a dutch drop it now!" he slammed his fist on the table by Ponyboy. "No, I'm not going to your just mad because Sandy left you!" I yelled at him as I went to my room.