The party and the after part

"Sup party people!" Steve shouted as Steve and I climbed up on a table and started dancing with drinks in hand. "Get outta of here Grease" one Soc said "How about you take that grease out of your hair broad." another one followed. We just enjoyed the party. When Dallas went into a different room a bunch of girls followed him. Johnny and Ponyboy just sat on the stairs. Steve had walked off somewhere. Two-bit was on the keg stand.

      Then there was Sodapop. He had an unopened beer in his hand and he, like Dally, had many girls with him. Soda never drank. And for our neighborhood it was uncommon to find a kid who didn't drink once and a while. He got drunk on a good time. I never have seen him drink or touch a cancer stick. He was a people person. Then I realized I was the only one alone. I was sitting on a counter drinking just observing everyone when I got an idea.

      The stairs Johnny and Pony were sitting on there was a railing. Then by the door there was a skateboard by the door. I set my drink down and sprinted grabbing the skateboard and ran up the stairs. I set the skateboard down on the railing. I took a deep breath and skated down the railing on two feet. I made it a good three fourths then my foot slipped. I went hurling down to the floor. I hit a wooden table and shattered it. Then Johhny came up to me, helped me up and took me to a quiet room upstairs. "You really got hurt down there." Johhny started to bandage the deep gash on my arm. "You know if my older brother Darrel was he would tell me i'm not using my head" I was acting as if I was Darry. "Hey that's because he cares about you so I would be thankful?" "Yeah yeah" I started to blush a bit. "You'll be fine ." He smiled. I smiled too. We locked eyes we leaned in and were about to kiss. 

     Then Steve and Dallas walked in the room. "Hey get your hands off her Johnny" Dallas yelled as he grabbed him by the collar. "Goddamn KayLee we gotta get you home you looked like you just lost a rumble." Steve said, trying to lighten up the mood but I could tell he was mad and a little jealous. I had never seen Dally like that towards Johnny .Dally let go of Johnny after Steve yelled at him. Then we started to walk home. And that's when Dallas and Steve started to snitch on me to Sodapop and Ponyboy. Johnny wasn't with us; he ran off. "KayLee you did what with Johnny Cade!" Sodapop started to lose his mind. "Could you not, my head is about to explode?" I shouted to him. "His younger cousin is in my grade, she's hot,"Ponyboy interrupted. The gang all looked at each other. Ponyboy never talked like that about girls. He never really talked to them or about them in the first place. "Is that the girl who gave you the hickey?" I started to stumble and the adrenaline was starting to wear off. The pain was starting to hit me hard. Dallas was holding me and helping me walk. "Woah woah Doll Careful." Dally was holding me up steady so I could put my weight on him. 

     He winked at me and had a smirk on his face. Then we were on the porch of my house. We all walked in Dally and I sat on the couch and laid my head on his lap. "Keep my sister awake Dally I gotta find the first aid kit" Soda shouted from the bathroom. Steve glared at me then at Dally. Was Steve Randle jealous of Dally? I couldn't believe that he was jealous of our friendship. Me and Steve are closer than me and Dallas, nothing could change that EVER. But do I like Steve? Or do I like Dallas? I'm in for a roller coaster ride. I snapped back to reality. I could see Ponyboy pacing. Chewing on his finger nails.

      "Pone come here" I told him. He walked right over and got on his knees so we were face to face. "Pone.... I'm gonna be fine. The worst thing is that I have a concussion." I tried my best to comfort him. "Like when Sodapop fell off of Mickey at the rodeo?" He was nervous. "Exactly I'll be fine just like Sodapop" I ruffled his hair. He had a smile of relief as he moved outta the way for Sodapop. "Now let's get you stitched up before Darry gets home" Sodapop had his moviestar smile. I put my arm out for Sodapop as he rested it on his knee and he started to stitch it up. I just chewed my gum super tight as he did it. Ten minutes later he was done. "There's that now I have to put some alcohol on it and bandage it up." 

      He instructed me as he dumped it on. "Holy mother of jesus!" I screamed out and I tensed my muscles up. "Hey don't do that you will ruin the stitches" he told me as he patted my arm with a towel. "Just wrap it up already!". "I am I am" he told me. And he did. Then he turned to my head. He put weird band aids on it, you know them white ones with squares on the edge. After that he put some medical tape on it. "All done now Dallas takes her to bed and everyone else needs to leave before Darrel gets home" He pushed everyone out.