The T-Shirt

Me and Steve rode in the bed of the truck making plans for the party until we stopped at the house. "Okay no one says a word about the party Darry will chew my ear off with a lecture." Soda said as he glared at Steve. When soda turned his back Steve dramatically rolled his eyes as he looked back at me and we laughed. "Hey Darry" Sodapop did a wave nod to Darry as he walked to his room. But me and Steve went into the kitchen where Darry was. "Hey Dar'' I said to Darry as I slipped past him to the refrigerator. "Hey Kay'' Darry responded as he was washing the dishes. "Why are you washing dishes Darry?" Steve asked him.

      "Because KayLee's younger brother didn't do the dishes before him, Johnny, and Dally went to the Drive-in" Darry responded with a snap of anger. "Oooh someone's in trouble" Me and Steve said at the same time as I handed him a beer. " KayLee and Steve put the beers back,'' Darry snapped. "Whoa wait, who's in trouble?" Soda asked when he walked in the kitchen. "Ponyboy is and your sister will be too if she doesn't hand that beer over '' Darry said all this while glaring at me. "You should ground her Darry '' Steve said as he finished his drink. I chugged the rest of my drink "Here you go Dar ''. He gave me the side eye

       "Not what I meant, no more KayLee '' Then he went back to washing the dishes. '' Steve the football games on '' Soda kinda swatted him on the shoulder as they raced to the couch. " I'll be right there Soda i'm gonna go change" I said as I walked to my room. Once I got to my room I shut the door behind me. I reached under my bed and grabbed an old shoe box I sat on my bed box in hand. I hid a pack and a light and some old pictures in it mainly because Darry made Ponyboy and I quit. I opened it and grabbed my cancer sticks and a light. I started to smoke it as I looked for a clean shirt. I finally found an old shirt that I didn't recognize.

      I just figured it was one of my brothers shirts or even my Dad's. So I slipped it on and tossed the cancer stick but out the window. "Who's playing?" I asked as I walked into the living room. Steve and Soda looked at each other then at me "Who's shirt is that?" Soda stood up questioning me. I was leaning on the door frame of the hallway "I don't know it was in my room so it's my shirt now" I said as I walked into the living room and that's when I saw Dally, Johnny ,and Ponyboy sitting on the other side of the living room. "Oh hey Dallas and Johnny." I did a nod wave at them and quickly glanced at all of them then I turned around again. I glared at Pony "Is that what I think it is?" I leaned in close to Ponyboy Curtis. My brother had a hickey. "Ohhh Dar-" I was interrupted by someone covering my mouth. "Shut your trap" It was Dally. I pushed him off of me "Geez calm down I won't say anything" I put my hands above my head as a joke.

        Then I saw Dal's eyes light up not in a good way but in a like oh crap kind of way. I saw him glance at my shirt so I looked down at it then we looked at each other. It was Dally's shirt. After that happened we both acted like it didn't. "So Pone, how has Darry not found out yet?" I asked him while I sat on the couch next to Steve." I covered it up with a flannel," Pony said as he lifted it up to show me. "You know a trick: take some Vaseline and slap it on there" I told Ponyboy. Then I got a bunch of blank stares. " And how would you know that KayLee?" Johnny asked. "Don't ask me Sodas, the one who told me '' I told Johnny as I glanced at Steve. "One second I'm gonna grab a Drink" I started to walk to the Kitchen when Soda play tackled me. Next thing you know where on the ground wrestling. First he had me pinned on the floor, then I flipped it over and had him in a choke hold. "Say Uncle!". Soda pounded his hand on the floor "uncle UNCLE!" He shouted. "Take that" as I ruffled his hair. "Hey hey not the hair!" Sodapop cried as he fixed his hair.