Eli Hunt

"You got a concussion and were drunk outta your mind when I carried you to bed you told me to stay in bed with you so I hung my jacket up on your door." He said all this as if I already knew. "You weren't there in the morning" I put out my cig butt in the dirtish sand below me. "You really think I was gonna stay there in bed with Darrel Curtis's younger sister, you really are outta your mind" he scoffed at me. " You can have it back, I'll tell Buck to give it to you tomorrow." "Whatever kid" he walked off mad he wasn't very good at hiding it.

      He never was. The only good thing about him getting mad fast is that he got over it fast. I finally eased my nerves enough to return back to the group. I started my way back but of course I ran into Eli. He rested his hands on my shoulders looking at me " You alright you kinda ran off." I looked at him, " I'm fine don't worry about me but you on the other hand your head alright you slammed it against that wall." He had a genuine smile on his face. " I'll live sweetheart now your brothers are looking for you. I can walk you to em if you want."

      He asked me as he started to point towards them. " Sure why not." Do I know why I said yes no I don't to. Eli was holding my hand as he pushed through the crowds of people he was still in his chaps and vest from his draw. In a short time we reached the group. Sodapop and Ali were standing by the gate holding hands flirting with each other. Pone was just standing there doing his own thing drinking a root beer. Steve was messing with Pone dropping peanuts in his root beer any chance he got. Two-bit was being Two-bit messing with random people. Darry was looking around for me above the crowd. And Dally well Dally was nowhere to be seen.

      Once we got close enough Darry saw Me and Eli holding hands as he dragged me through the crowd. "Here you are '' Eli said as he stopped holding my hand hoping Darry didn't see. He did. "Where the hell were you two?" Darry questioned Eli. "We weren't doing anything, sir. I just found her and I heard you were looking for her," Eli replied in an orderly fashion, not too fast, not too slow, not too scared, not too confident. Darry was shocked a bit. Most guys are scared to death of him. It was only for a second he was shocked.

      Eventually everyone noticed Eli and Darry so they turned all attention towards us. " Names Darrel " he stuck his hand out for a handshake Eli shook his hand. " Eli." By now Sodapop had walked over. " KayLee has a Boyfriend? That's a shocker" he started to walk around Eli. "Cut it out Soda '' I slapped him in the back of the head. " Oww " he wined Eli chuckled a bit. "KayLee cut it out, '' Darry ordered as he slapped me on the back of the head. "Eli took it as a signal it was time to go. "See you at school KayLee '' he tipped his hat. " See ya " I replied as he disappeared into the crowd. I walked over to Ali who was grinning. "Oh my god" she started to freak. " Calm down Darry is right behind us." 

     We looked back and Darry was talking to Steve about Eli. You see Steve and Eli are the type of friends that don't seem like they'd be friends like I said earlier. "What happened?" Ali bugged. "Nothing he found me after I calmed down and brought me back. That's all I promise" I fed Ali all the questions she asked so she would calm down. Once Ali calmed down then came old Two-bit drunk as usual. "So KayLee's got herself a boyfriend" he teased. Normally I don't let Two-bit get under my skin. I've learned he just does it for laughs. But I don't know why I was just super ticked off at him bugging me over and over again. "Two-bit buzz off" I yelled at him. "Did I hit a nerve? I'm sure did KayLee has a boyfriend." he kept antagonizing. "Two-bit LAY OFF" I was clearly annoyed. Darry who was Standing closer to me than before after the Eli incident. "Two-bit lay off already". Darry grabbed him by his jacket. I climbed back up on the gate so I could get a better view of the arena