20: glossed up

REINA'S POV.

it had been three weeks since the 'jude and vanessa' incident; vanessa had already found another boyfriend (not before trying to chat up pablo gavi - and failing.)

and the bonds between jude and i had seemed to only have gotten stronger. still, we were yet to share our first kiss, which was driving me insane.

what was even more worrying - summer was coming to a close, which meant school was starting, and jude had to leave for germany (dortmund.)

as the days flew past, i grew more nervous and nervous by each hour. my skin itched, spots surfacing along my forehead from stress - even though our relationship and gotten stronger, i couldn't help but wonder if it was getting stronger platonically or romantically.

the lingering thought that i might possibly be entering the friendzone, haunted the back of my mind.

shaking all my negative thoughts away, i planted 3 quick knocks on the bellingham's front door.

the smile on jobe's face expanded, as he welcomed me in, closing the door behind me.

"took you long enough; jude hasn't stopped complaining!" he chuckled, playfully nudging my side with his elbow. i smiled in acknowledgement.

the sound of chaos, muffled with the tunes of tyler, the creator, could be distinguished from behind jude's bedroom door. he seemed to already be packing away for germany - my lip quivered at the thought.

"he said he needs your help - can't think why. i wanted to help him, but no he doesn't want my help." jobe complained to me, i patted his back in remorse.

"i'll see what i can do, jobe." i giggled, shaking my head at him mimicking jude's voice.

"knock knock." i deadpanned - the wooden door abruptly swung open, revealing a stressed out jude bellingham. i caught myself snickering at his distraught appearance.

"why are there boxers on your shoulder?" i snorted, failing to mask my amusment.

ignoring my question, he pulled me into his room by the wrist, and slammed the door in jobe's face.

"manners? remember manners, jude?" sounded jobe's voice, laced with annoyance.

i turned to face him, my dark pupils piercing his, never shifting from their position. my feet felt planted to the floor - the music continued to play... until it came to an ad.

"jude bellingham doesn't have spotify premium?" i laughed, earning an eyeroll from the young man before me. he walked over to his bed, dramatically colapsing onto it.

"reina, come sit with me."

"on the bed?" i muttered, trying not to fangirlishly freak out. sitting on the jude bellingham's bed. sure, we were very much familiar now, but moments like this reminded me that i really was just a fan girl, deep down.

"no, i mean on the ceiling. yes, on the bed, silly." he chuckled. i slightly skipped over to him, regreting it immediately as i tripped.

"at least you landed on the bed?" jude spluttered through his bombastic laughter. i eyed him, embarrased and annoyed. a small smile crept onto my face.

suddenly, are we still friends? began to softly play in the background. i rubbed my knees, anxious of what to say. the silence between us was unbearable - i needed to break it.

"i love this song." i sheepishly gushed, shrugging my shoulders.

"shut up." jude mumbled.

and he did the unthinkable - a passionate kiss was planted onto my lips. i felt my breath hitch, as our lips moved in sync. his gentle palm, cupped my cheek; i traced his arm lovingly.