Prologue

It was a typical day, the sun glowing in the cloud-filled sky. The same overcast weather lingered in the air. A typical family lived in the middle of Hertfordshire, surrounded by lush green hills. Alec and Vivian Adams led a content and unassuming life. The couple's romance was clear in the way they looked at each other, and it caused envy in all who saw. Alec, a local business owner, was renowned for his quick business mind.

Many women desired him for his extreme handsomeness. His strong jawline and bright eyes made many women swoon. Alec was not someone who did vigorous exercise, but he maintained his fit physique. He impeccably groomed his brown hair, not a single strand out of place as he swept it to the side. The three-piece suit with a crisp white shirt was his signature look. Despite his professional and cold demeanor, he would lighten his ice-blue eyes and fill them with warmth when he was around his wife.

Vivian had a reputation for being a kind-hearted and unpretentious stay-at-home parent. She had studied extensively, even if she had yet to pursue a career. She received the highest accolades for studying business and economics at the university, but she was prouder still of raising her son and providing a stable environment for her family. Carrying herself with quiet humility, her sweet demeanor radiating around her. Vivian dedicated her spare time to many charities, volunteering in her local community to promote human rights. In her local community, she established her own LGBT charity, providing guidance and resources to adolescents who were trying to understand their identities. Everyone in her community respected Vivian. They all referred to her as an English Rose.

The English Rose was a representation of her poise, manners, and stunning beauty. Her long, golden locks cascaded down her back in a silky, smooth motion. When the gentle breeze blew, she could feel individual strands of her hair lifting and swaying in the wind. Her hair shone with the golden rays of the sun, like strands of precious silk. Vivian's brown eyes were like a pot of warm honey, sweet and inviting with warmth and delight. Her skin was fair and shone with a healthy, unblemished glow.

Both shared a precious son, Edward, whose presence filled the room with love and warmth. Edward had his mother's intelligence and his father's confidence. Edward was the perfect mix of the idyllic couple; with his father's tousled brown hair, his mother's deep brown eyes. His contagious laughter was enough to put a smile on the face of anyone around him. His parents cherished him, their smiles never wavering when he was around. They would go to the ends of the earth to make the sweet boy happy. His intelligence was clear, meeting milestones before the average child, but that didn't stop him from his mischievous behavior that his parents couldn't explain. He was a force of nature, overflowing with energy.

They had a picturesque life that was something everyone coveted. Everywhere the Adams family went, people knew them by name and waved in greeting. Alec was successful in his business, while Vivian was a prominent figure in the school's parent-teacher association, making sure her son had every opportunity available to him. She was determined for her son to succeed.

"Alec, are you still going to be attending the fundraising event at the school this evening?" Vivian's calm and collected voice questioned.

Vivian was in the kitchen, the smell of baking wafting through the air. She was an excellent cook, her hands skillfully crafting delectable dishes for her family. The smell of freshly cooked bacon and eggs still lingered in the air. Sunlight beamed in through the bay windows, creating a cozy atmosphere in the kitchen. The kitchen was a sparkling sight, with white walls and a luxuriously cool marble countertop. The white cupboards were simple and unadorned, creating a minimalist aesthetic. Both couples had a shared love of minimalism, keeping their homes free from clutter.

"Yes, I will be home by six tonight," Alec responded with his raspy, deep, and baritone voice. He quickly placed his lips on the top of her forehead.

"Thank you, honey," Vivian said in a gentle tone. "The babysitter will be here at five, giving me some time to get ready. I'll see you then." She turned around and, with a tender hug, scooped the adorable child into her arms, the light of the setting sun streaming through the windows of their beautiful home. "It's time to get you to nursery, baby." As she held the child, she cooed softly, and the child's face lit up with a contented smile.

Both of them continued their day in a familiar, monotonous rhythm. One traveled to their place of employment, while the other carried on with their household chores. Both exhibited contentment and joy. There was an air of contentment pervading them - neither had any worries or burdens that weighed on their shoulders. There was no cause for concern. Both derived a feeling of accomplishment in their way. Not a single murmur of dissent.

As the sun sank, yet another day was gone. Shortly thereafter, they both attended the event that Vivian had organized. Alec was initially hesitant to partake in these kinds of events. He would go to any lengths to put a smile on his wife's face. Nevertheless, his wife enabled him to build connections with influential people in the business field. As the years rolled by, he began to savor and be present at the soirées his wife had organized. Every time Alec looked at his wife, he saw perfection in her eyes. Love and comfort surrounded them, making their life perfect.

At the end of the night, they retreated to their bedroom, the air heavy with the scent of lavender. Intertwined together like a tangle of knots, messily incapable of separation. They created a bubble of love and care. They were an ordinary family. Nothing could go wrong for this extremely ordinary family