"Goodmorning, Romello." Alpha Titus smirks, his eyes flickering from his gray to black as his wolf comes forward again, completely scaring the shit out of me with how fast and easily that he could.

I swallow nervously as Alpha Titus growls, the sound not seeming to be aimed at me as Beta Enzo grabs his arm and gives him a look that I wasn't sure of.

Seconds later, Alpha Titus' eyes flicker back to his normal gray and he sighs so I offer a tight lipped smile in response to him and his wolf's antics, hoping that would calm whatever the issue was.

I seriously don't think that his wolf likes me very much. I mean I've only been around Alpha Titus twice now but every single time, it seems like his wolf comes forward and looks pissed off then Alpha Titus fights him for control.

Which scared me even more.

Some Alphas in my Dad's history books were known to be pretty psycho and their wolves had short tempers, causing those Alphas to go batshit crazy because they had no control over their wolves.

I didn't fully understand the passage when I first read it but now seeing the lack of control that Alpha Titus has on his wolf - the passage was starting to make sense.

"Goodmorning Alpha Titus," I say bowing my head to him then looking to the Beta. "Goodmorning Beta Enzo."

Alpha Titus chuckles, shaking his head. "You may call us Titus and Enzo, our titles don't apply to you."

Ok Alpha Titus and Beta Enzo - this is definitely a trick. I've read this kind of thing in my Dad's history books. Some pack leaders for their rank would test out new members in certain ways to make sure that they wouldn't be disrespectful.

Yeah - this was totally one of those tricks.

So instead of responding again, I just bow my head respectfully and walk towards the coffee maker on the counter next to the stove.

Opening the cabinet, I grab a mug out before pouring myself some coffee, adding the necessary sugar and creamer and then moving out of the way as an older woman that I hadn't met before, came into the kitchen and began plating up food from the pots and pans on the stove.

"Romello, this is Esther," Alpha Titus introduces the older lady and I shake her hand. "She's the best cook in the pack and has made it her life's duty to keep the packhouse clean because apparently Enzo and I are giant man-pups."

I chuckle at Alpha Titus' explanation of the woman's importance before smiling down at her. "It's really nice to meet you, Esther."

"It's nice to meet you as well, pup," Esther smiles brightly before looking at Alpha Titus. "Our pack is quite lucky, indeed."

Frowning at her weird choice of words, I look at Alpha Titus and Beta Enzo who were both glaring at Esther as she just waved them off, giggling along the way and going back to plating up the food from the stove.

"Goodmorning, Alpha, Beta, son." Hearing my Dad's voice, I turn around from where I was standing by the coffeemaker to see him and my mom walking into the kitchen, holding hands.

"Goodmorning Alpha, Beta," My mom bows her head respectfully as both men nod her way as well.

"Goodmorning to you all," Esther says cheerfully as she brings two plates at a time over to the diningroom table.

Not wanting her to do everything on her own, I grab two plates for her and bring them over as well, much to her surprise but to Alpha Titus and Beta Enzo, they watched me with stoic faces but kindness behind their eyes.

As soon as all of the plates were on the table, Beta Enzo rubs his hands together, startling me but making me chuckle nonetheless.

"Let's thank Goddess for our food and eat before we wither away." He growls and Alpha Titus slaps him upside the head, instigating the Beta's hatred as he shoves him and Alpha Titus almost falls out of his seat then puts Beta Enzo into a chokehold.