✧ ⋆𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ⋆ ✧

❝𝘙𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘐 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘈𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸❞ - 𝗣𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵𝗼, 𝗠𝗶𝗮 𝗥𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘇

- I swear this isn't just an Idia x reader he's just the only character f/n is close to right now. -

f/n sat groggily at the dining table, after f/n finished their breakfast they needed to start their daily training in their training room. To call the table a "dining table" would be an overstatement, the dorm students always ate in their dorm rooms. So the only people who ate at said "dining table" would be f/n and the shroud brothers.

And so f/n would eat breakfast on their own. Idia is the only other person who would eat with them. But since it was 6 in the morning f/n doubted that Idia was even awake, or maybe he just went to bed? They wouldn't be surprised knowing Idia's horrible sleep schedule. "I mean who in the right mind would be willing start to sleep at 6 in the morning when they've got school at 8:30?" f/n sighed as they thought to themselves. [1]

As they toke a bite of their croissant, the savoury taste of butter danced across their tongue. Checking the time they had only 1 minute left until f/n had to start training, f/n wolfed down the rest of their croissant, they toke a big gulp of (favourite beverage) to wash it down.

f/n zipped up their f/c tracksuit jacket as they left the dorm kitchen and entered their training room. The automatic doors slid open revealing the dark and cold room. As f/n extended their hand slightly a blue holographic screen popped up. Tapping on a series of buttons, the room sprung to life. The heater hummed as the lights lit the once dark and gloomy room.

The light reflected on dozens of powered off fighting dummies created mesmerising shapes that bounced off the walls. f/n shifted the screen to the side, another holographic keyboard popped up. As they typed on the hexagon keys the robotic dummies stirred from their slumber. f/n adjusted the level sliders on the holographic screen as the dummies took their fighting stances.

Closing their eyes f/n braced themselves. Extending their hand, a silver staff materialized seemingly into thin air. [2]

Clunk

The robots ran towards them, heavy mechanical hands raised. One of many directed a quick punch towards f/n's jaw. f/n ducked down, narrowly missing the punch. If the robot were human f/n was sure that it would have yelled words of profanities. Fortunately, this was not the case, they did not need to endure the crude shouting of a hypothetical person.

f/n was hit straight in the gut by a metallic fist. If the robot were human the punch wouldn't have hurt that bad. Unfortunately, this was not the case, instead of softer flesh f/n got punched with a steel fist. "The gods must be mocking me." [3]

f/n quickly recovered with a quick back roll, as their hands touched the cold floor they kicked their feet up kicking a robot square in the chest. The robot fell to the floor with a heavy thud. f/n smirked "One down"

The mechanical dummies simultaneously ran towards f/n, circling them. They held out their staff twirling it like a baton. [4] The staff twirled at high speeds, preventing the robots from inching closer.

Clang

The sound of metal clashing echoed through the room as f/n thrusted the staff into the robot's chest plate. The robot dropped to its knees the blue light in their "eyes" dimed leaving nothing but a hollow husk of metal.

f/n movements were graceful as they spun and twirled their baton. Their movements were so light and agile they looked as if they were dancing. A soft smile laced on their face as they hacked and slashed through the mob of robots.

Twack

f/n stood victorious on the pile of mechanical dummies. Their right foot rested on one of the robotic heads their left foot planted on the robot's back. A holographic screen popped up in front of f/n.

Time trained - 43.52

25/25 Down

Combat type - Non magical combat + Weapn combat

"43 minutes? Not bad" f/n muttered to themself as they hopped of the pile of robots. Tapping on multiple buttons the robotic fighting dummies whired to life once again the robot's "eyes" light up. The mechanical dummies walked back to their original charging ports as f/n tapped on another series of buttons.

f/n toke of their tracksuit jacket as they headed towards the showers. "A relaxing shower after training" f/n thought as they smiled to themselves.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

f/n walked into the lounge while drying their damp hair with a towel. They had changed into their school uniform, unlike the classic blazer present in most of the student's uniforms. f/n scraped said blazer instead wearing a hoodie over their button-up shirt.

Out of the corner of their eye f/n spotted a familiar mop of fiery blue hair. f/n walked over to Idia's hunched over figure.

"Morning." f/n said as they plopped down next to him. "You should probably dry your hair before you catch a cold." Idia replied as he took a bite of his breakfast.

"Awh, no good morning?" f/n teased as they took out their magical pen. The blue gem glistened as the light from hovering holograms bounced off the jewel. With a flick of their wrist, their once damp hair dried. The towel that hung from their neck also disappeared.

"Fine, morning," Idia replied while rolling his eyes. "Thanks!" exclaimed as they leaned against Idia's shoulder. "f/n ne-san / ni-san you should be going soon, it's 8:20 now." Ortho who was sitting across from the two spoke up.

"Ah... Shoot." f/n yelled as they sat up straight. "Hah, Idiot." The blue hair male laughed at their misery. "Seeya sucker." f/n said as they stuck out their tongue before bolting toward the dorm exit.

"You can teleport ya know!" Idia yelled out. "I knew that!" f/n yelled back before disappearing into thin air the only thing left was a trail of sparkles floating in the air. "Heh," Idia scoffed. "Ni-san you've also got class soon." The robotic boy reminded the taller Shroud brother.

"Oh"

『••✎••』

[1] Usually, schools in Japan open at 8:00 and usually start at 8:30.

[2] f/n fights mainly with a staff! Why? Because staffs are cool :D

ps. When I'm referring to a staff I'm talking about polearms and stuff like that but in the scene f/n is basically fighting with a metal pole.

[3] The gods in question are the Greek gods

[4] fun fact! I can do simple tricks with the baton ( ~¯ ‪‪ᵕ¯)~

Also, what do you think about the new cover? Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to stay safe!

Sending you love (*˙ ˘ ˙)♡

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Word Count - 1,080 words