《Chapter Twenty》

Krystal's POV

When you're having a good time, time flies so quickly.
Eventually September rolled by in a blink of an eye, and soon it's going to be Mark's birthday.
I insisted on not doing a party, because I'll be throwing one as a surprise for him.
I already called his mom and dad a few days ago and I'm a few hours they'll land at Incheon airport where I'll go and pick them up.
Probably they're going to stay in a hotel near the center but I'm still not really sure about the details.
I already organized the whole party: I leased a place with a swimming pool, because I noticed that Mark loves it.
I invited a few of his friends from the US, one of which is Lena.
She came here a couple of days ago and Mark thinks she came here for her holidays.
"It takes a bit to arrive to the airport" she said tying her hair into a pony tail.
"I know, if you're done we could get going" I replied taking a huge bite out of my donut with a pink strawberry icing.
"I'm done" she grabbed her purse and sat in front of me, stealing a donut with the blue icing, I pouted but she just chuckled in response.
"By the way, Hyemi is already downstairs waiting for us in her car" she added.
I already knew it but I was waiting for Lena. I'm not kidding.

-
Eventually after 3 hours we were finally near Myeongdong, we've been bottled in the trafficked super streets.
"Honey we're going to rest a bit and then you can take us around Seoul" her mom said sweetly before I left them at their hotel.

Later that night I took Mark's parents to the best restaurant I know.
We were just quietly having dinner when Mrs Tuan asked the dreaded question: "Are you and Mark dating?"
I swear I chocked on the pasta I was swallowing, I looked up, my eyes wide open and unsure of an answer.
"Yes?" I replied in a questioning tone, we are dating but I don't know if I should let them know.
"Oh I'm so happy!" His mother clapped her hands and exchanged a look filled with happiness with his husband.
Mr Tuan smiled under his white/grayish mustaches.
I sighed in relief.
Lena, who was sitting beside me, kicked me slightly under the table and made me turn around, she winked as if she was telling me that the dinner was going pretty well.

-
After I gave them some indications for tomorrow's party I left them at the entrance of their hotel, and drove home.
"So just repeat me the plan: you're going to take Mark out for dinner, instead you'll bring him to the pool party you organized with his friends and his parents, I'll be waiting for you there, and I'll control if everything is all right. Right?" Lena asks buckling the seatbelt.
"Yes" i reply shortly waiting for the traffic light to finally turn green.
"You'll take my same flight, aren't you?" She speaks.
My flight is directed to NY, and because she wanted to get some holidays she decided to stop at NY for a while.
I hum in answer to her previous question.
"Have you finished packing then?" She cannot stop asking me stuff, I hum again.
"Just some last few dresses and shoes and I'm done".

-
I sat on the floor folding my clothes and then putting them in the luggage, just the last pile and I'm done.
I obviously left out a dress for tomorrow.
I still cannot believe that my dream came true and at the same time I feel incomplete, as if this isn't anymore what I wanted.
I sigh heavily before my face lands on the soft cover of my bed.
My phone buzzes and a notification pops up on the screen.

Markie❤: Hey babe, you done packing?

I smile bitterly at my screen as a tear started rolling down: I'm that kind of girl whose emotions get bottled up till the last moment, and when I explode it's the end.

Yeah almost, you finished with today's practice?

I send the message and not long after he has already answered me:

Mark❤: Yeah just now, I kept on thinking about you. Do you want to go out for a walk?

-
As we planned he came in front of my house at around 8pm.
He ran over me and hugged me so tight I thought I'd die suffocated.
Then he placed a gentle kiss on my lips "How was your day?" He asks smiling from ear to ear.
"Mhhh a mess but it's getting better since I've seen you" it's cheesy as fuck I know, "What about yours?" He interlocked his fingers with mine.
"I kept on thinking about you, I missed you so much, and the training mister was being so strict on us today" he rolls his eyes and sighs.
I chuckle at his immense cuteness, "How can you be so cute Mark Yi En Tuan?" I ask stopping right in front of him, "The same reason of you being so short" his sly answer caught me off guard and it should have hurt me somehow, but it didn't, because I know that this kid is trying so hard to make me feel offended in a good way, so he can later be cute and make my sugar level on my blood rise to the stars.
"Haha funny, but I'm not offended" I swing on my feet playfully, "I'm genetically like this and I cannot blame anyone, because I'm damn cute with my short height" I know how to flatter myself.
He chuckles and place another kiss at the top of my nose, "Good you know you're cute".

"You'll visit me often right?" He turns to look at me as I take a sip of my hot chocolate.
"Obviously I will, I'll see you everyday on FaceTime" I reply squeezing his cheeks.
"Ogoogooogooo" he starts talking jibberish and I start laughing.
I wish I could get a camera that could snap this moments and allow me to replay them non stop.
A tear falls eventually as I get too emotional, I bury my face on his shirt and tears keep on falling.
"Hey" he caresses my head gently and softly, his voice soothes the sharp pain that all of a sudden I feel on my chest.
"Hey big babies don't cry" he says trying to calm me, "Why does it always have to be when I'm in my happiest moments?" I get a strong grip on his shirt.
My knuckles turned white by the force I was using.
"I'm always parting with people when I start loving them, it's not right!" I'm sobbing and crying loudly now.
"My mom abandoned me when I was 8, and my dad left me a few years later because he had a new family, he said I was old enough to take care of myself! Damn it I was 12!" I'm still crying, and every words still aches, I recalled the moment my mom argued with my dad and the door opened, the next moment it shut with a super loud thud and the frame with the picture of the three of us, hung next to the door, fell on the floor and shattered.
My dad went into the kitchen and started drinking till he was so high he passed out on the kitchen stool.
I tip toed to the entrance and picked up the photo, I obviously cut the plant of my feet and my fingers, but the pain I was feeling was much worse.
"But I'm not leaving, nor you're leaving me, we're just going to be away from each other for a while" he lifts my face, and wipes away a few tears.
"I promise you I'll never leave you." He plants a kiss on my lips, then another one and with the last one our tongues touched, his fought for dominance and I let him win the war.

🌺🌺🌺
Words: 1349
Published: --/--/----
Edited: 14-03-2017

As I promised here is the double update, a few other chapters to go and there's going to be the final one❤