《Chapter One》

MARK's POV

The alarm rang telling me to wake up, I opened my eyes slightly and the strong light from the lamps almost blinded me.
"Hey." She said, I smiled weakly as I was still asleep, "Good morning." I half whispered.
Jackson was still sleeping peacefully, "I'll wake him up. You should go and wash up first." Krystal said, I nodded my head and literally rolled out of my bed which consists of a mattress with a blanket, but I'm still really comfortable.

I turned on the tap and cold water ran down my back, I recalled the moment when PD-nim announced she was our new manager.

...
Flashback

"Hey Mark?" Someone poked my cheek annoyingly, I rolled in my bed to let my back face the owner of the annoying voice.
It's our day off, for God's sake!
"Wake up!" She poked my back, I slapped her hand away, "Let me sleep." I said weakly.
"I told you to wake up." She drawls, "Mark." She was starting to piss me off.
"Oh shut up! Go and annoy Jackson!" I groan indicating Jackson.
I hear her mutter something, probably against me, the strong scent of vanilla from before disappears.
Then her voice ricochets in my ears way lower than before "Jackson." She says, I hear the sound of the blankets moving, "Yes?" He replies, "Wake up, PD-nim said we have to meet him in your usual practice room in twenty minutes." I overheard her explaining, before she walks away she adds "Call Mark before going out."
I roll my eyes, she already got in my nerves at 8am in the morning, that's a new record.
"Mark wake up." Jackson gently shakes me, "I'm up, I'm up." I kick off the blankets, 'Good way to start the morning' I sarcastically think.

I was the last one to wash up since I was also the last one to wake up, "Mark you're done?" Jackson asks, I pat dry my hair with a towel, "Almost." I reply.
The red dye was starting to come off, I need to visit a hair salon as soon as I can.
I suddenly asked myself who was the annoying girl from this morning.
We walked past the place where we usually get our breakfast, I looked at them weirdly "I already asked Krystal to get it." Jinyoung explains.
I nod and decide to keep walking, 'Who's Krystal?'
We enter the building and greet the usual people before taking the stairs and going to the second floor, where we usually go practicing.
As I twist the doorknob the door opens revealing PD-nim sitting on the couch waiting for us.
"Annyeonghaseyo." We bow one by one as we enter the room, he smiles paternally and signal us to sit.
"You all might be wondering why I asked you to come here today, in your day off, right?" He says and we nod silently, "I found a new manager as you all can tell" he stops when we hear a faint knock at the door, the person slowly opens the door "Annyeonghaseyo." I can recognize the voice that kept calling me this morning, "Oh, come in Krystal, I guess you already met the boys this morning, so kids this is Krystal, Krystal these are my boys." PD-nim speaks as he walks to her, she's holding a huge plastic bag that I guess contains our breakfast.
They talk on their own and ignore our presence, "I'll get going, I have something to do, be nice to her." PD-nim waves his hand and we bow till he closes the door behind him exiting the room.
"I got the order, sorry if it took a lot but there were a lot of people." She sets the plastic bag on the floor and sat next to it.
She takes out cups of drinks and boxes of food, "There you go." She smiles kindly as she gets up.
"Where are you going?" Bambam asks, "I'm going to get my bag, I left it in the car." She twist the doorknob and opens the door disappearing behind it.

...

What we know now about Krystal is that she's still a student, a college student, and she's about to major in business and financial management.
She isn't fully Korean, as a matter of fact only her dad is, while his mom is Chinese.
I turned off the tap of the shower, the mirror in from of me was covered with steam.
I brushed my hand against the surface and cleaned part of it, so that I was able to see my reflection.
I pushed back my red hair, and splashed cold water on my face before starting to brush my teeth.
I wore my boxers and a pair of loose gym pants and a black shirt.
I unlocked the door and entered the living room where the boys were passing their time playing with their phones.
"Where's Krystal?" I ask as I sit on the couch, "She went to get the car and drop us at the building then she needs to go to school." Jaebum replies lifting his head from his phone and putting it back on his jeans pocket.
"I wonder when Noyoung Hyung is coming back." Yugyeom says looking at the ceiling, "He has to recover from the cold and he's going to come back, but if you couldn't tell, one manager isn't enough to keep the seven of us together." Jackson answers laughing and gets interrupted by a phone call, the ID caller was Krystal's, "Yes?" He picks up after breaking into a fit of coughs, "We're coming-" he hangs up, "Let's go." He grabs his coat as we follow him, Jaebum was the last and locked the door.
We went down the stairs and got into the car, "Buckle your seat belts." She commanded checking us from the front mirror or the car, we do as she asks and then she starts the engine heading to the building.

As she planned she dropped us in front of the building where she also parked the car, "My last class finished at 1pm, I'll come straight here with lunch, message me what you want and I'll order, now I need to go or I'll be late, bye guys." She checks her wrist watch one last time before sprinting down the streets.
We yell some encouraging words and go inside to practice.

After we've been practicing the same song for four hours straight we decided to take a break, "We have to tell Krys what we want for lunch!" Jackson screams scaring the living daylights out of me, "Ah right. I forgot." Jinyoung face palms, he takes his phone out of his backpack and unlocks it searching for her number.
"Pizza!" Bambam propose and I can't be happier to hear such a request, I love pizza.
I agree with him, "Me too, I want pizza."
"I want to order Chinese though." Jackson puts on his snapback after adjusting his dark hair. "I want to drink something warm, outside the weather is really cold." Jaebum points out, Yugyeom shrugs "I'm okay with everything as long as it's edible."
"Nothing with cucumber will do." Youngjae says when we ask for his opinion, Jinyoung also doesn't have any particular thing he wants to eat, "Maybe a bowl of Kimchi Jjigae." He says while he types away.
After he has sent the message he lays down on the couch, "I'm hungry though, can someone get me a bag of chips?" Jackson complains, "Go and get it yourself." Jaebum replies in monotone, "Rock paper scissors, who loses will go to the convenience store." We agree with Jackson's idea.
We sit in a circle and Jinyoung and Bambam lost. "A coke and sour cream chips thanks." I say as if I was ordering in a restaurant, I close my eyes and try to relax.

-

"Hey I'm here with lunch!" We are interrupted by a faint knock and then the door cracking open.
Immediately the scent of warm food invaded the practice room while the music was still playing loudly.
I raised my head to check the time on the wall hung in the wall at this opposite side of the big mirrors: 2:20pm.
Jaebum stopped the music from the computer as Krystal entered, her nose was red, proof of the cold temperatures of South Korea.
She took off the long scarf around her neck and unzipped her long jacket, "This smells amazing. Thank you Krys." Youngjae undoes the tie on top of the first plastic bag and takes out two bowls of Kimchi jjigae, "One is for Jinyoung hyung, and the other one is-" he stops midway turning around to see whose lunch was, "Jaebum's." She replies "There are two boxes of pizza, two portions of Chinese take away and five portions of Samgyeopsal one of cold noodles and the sandwiches are mine." She keeps on going with the list of food, "You didn't have to run here and there to get our lunch, you could have ordered something in just one place." Jaebum's jaw dropped as he heard about all the food from the different restaurants she got.
"It's okay, it took me longer because I didn't have the car. I tried my best but I'm sure some dishes are cold now." She sits on the floor and rummages through the bag taking out a brown bag containing her sandwiches.
"Bon appetit."

🌺🌺🌺
Words: 1576
Published: --/--/2015
Edited: 06-11-2016