《Chapter Seventeen》

"You're coming with me. End of the story" I affirmed.
There I was having an argument with Hyemi, over stupid things as usual, I've been trying to convince her to come with me for a while now.
It's 4pm and I cannot convince her, I still didn't find the way.
"I'm not going to be the third wheel!" She protested stomping her feet and crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"It's not just the two of us- Jackson's coming too!" I lied, I probably didn't lie, I don't know, I don't know who's coming who's not, what we're gonna watch.
"What?" She asked as she turned her face to look at me, I've got your interest now.
"I said Jackson is coming too, but if you really don't want to c-"
"I'm coming!" She cut me off, so predictable, I'm not even surprised.
I knew she had this kind of little crush on him, I smirked.
"But!" She yelled before I could do my victory dance, "But what?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow, "I'm choosing what you're wearing" this time she was smirking.
I thought that meeting Jackson seeing Jackson, and this time she is sober, was the only thing she wanted- Oh by the way, I didn't tell her that Jackson carried her almost all the way, but that can wait.
I rolled my eyes and didn't reply, she knew I was going to let her do her magic, I actually don't really mind as long as she doesn't put an industrial amount of chemical products on my face.

It was barely 4:30 and I had plenty of time before actually starting to get ready.
"Hey what's this?" She asked as she point to a box, "Oh that contains the stuff to paint the rooms, I'm gonna give this place a huge makeover" I explained proudly of my decision.
The only thing is that, whenever I see someone doing this kind of things, they always seem easy! But when it comes to me to start the work, it will automatically turn out as a disaster.
"You're going to do a mess you know right?" She deadpanned, "Much of a friend are you?" I rolled my eyes once again.
Hyemi opened the box and picked out a wide brush, she scanned it and then put it back, "The paint is in the lightest shade of aqua blue I could find" I put away the magazine I was reading and crouched down next to her, "I want to see!" She demanded, I glanced at the time and it was still early, 4:34.

I picked up the box and carried it to the guest room, I opened the lid of the paint and dipped the wide brush in, then I started to paint one part of the wall, I had already placed the journal paper on the floor and attached the tape at the top so that I'd paint in a perfect straight line.
I was going to do this as soon as I finished my exams but I'm a terrible procrastinator.

I scooted to one side to show Hyemi the final color of the whole job, her expression said that she approved my decision, and then after that I did a terrible mistake, the worst mistake of my whole life.
As I flipped out of the way my hair they touched the wall and the fresh color dyed my hair.
"What the fuck!" I screamed.
Nice! How nice!
My hair now is half dark brown and half aqua blue and smells like varnish.
"You need a hair cut!" Hyemi panicked, "I what?" I always hated the idea of cutting my hair, and especially because I'm going to get a bob cut to get rid of the painted hair.
"No!" I protested again, still not believing the whole situation.
But I had no choice, the varnish isn't going to come off that easily.

At the end I agreed with Hyemi, she'll m cut my hair as she's a really good hairdresser.
I closed my eyes and waited the terrible sound of the scissors cutting my hair.

Zac

I opened my eyes when I was told to.
Now my hair reached the joint between the neck and shoulders, a huge difference between the long ass hair I had before.
"You look good even with short hair" she complimented as I sat with my mouth wide opened staring at the reflection in the mirror.
I was speechless, "Now let me just straighten your hair and do a few things here and there and you're good" she winked.
I let her do what she wanted to my hair, and at the end my hair was slightly wavy.

"Now wait for me here while I see what you have in your wardrobe and I'll be right back" she left me in the living room.

After 20 minutes I was wearing the clothes Hyemi chose for me, "Your hair is going to grow!" She patted my back, I nodded, I know they grow but it's still shocking the difference between having short and long hair.
"Well it's almost 6 you should put some perfume on and if I were a boy I'd ask your number right away" she winked playfully again, she started speaking with the most boy-like voice she could pull out and tried to hit on me.
"Hey babe!" She acted all cool and stuff, I pushed her away, "You damn weirdo" we laughed.

Maybe I was sweating, maybe not, but the room temperature was raising as each second ticked away, "Calm down!" Hyemi reassured me, "I am! It's just too hot! How many degrees are out there?" I ask clearly not making any sense but whatever.

Then the doorbell rang, oh shit.
"Coming!" I yelled as I walked normally to the door, I opened slowly the door hoping for it to be the delivery-man, or someone who was selling knives sets or anything but not Mark.
"Hey" he greeted casually with Jackson standing behind him.
"H-Hey" I replied stuttering, why?
"You're really pretty" compliments came out of his mouth so normally, so nonchalantly.
My cheeks must have turned bright red and I was so thankful to Hyemi because she came right in the moment I needed her help.
"Shall we go?" She asked as she dragged me away, her grin grew wider each step she took.
"Shut up!" I hissed, "I'm not talking though" she replied slyly.
I rolled my eyes and followed her, the boys leading the way.

From afar this seems a date.

🌺🌺🌺
Words: 1100
Published: --/--/----
Edited: 23-02-2017