𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓: 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓.

Niraiya and Kay sat on his bed--Niraiya on one end, and Kay on the other

Niraiya and Kay sat on his bed--Niraiya on one end, and Kay on the other. Kay kissed his teeth when he tried to scoot closer to her, but Niraiya pushed him back. Rhea, Dougie, Khadijah, Bree and Jackie were all downstairs--laughing and talking even though Niraiya could hear Dougie and Khadijah fighting as per usual through the floors. Renzo had been called down about ten minutes ago, giving Niraiya the perfect opportunity to speak with Kay alone.

She glared at Kay.

"Why'd you say that?" She pressed him.

"Say what?" Kay asked her, furrowing his eyebrows, "bro, just come here, man." He reached for her again, but she gently pushed his hand away.

"You said last night before you fell asleep, you gon' get dragged down if you wit' me," Niraiya said, mimicking Kay's voice. "What was that about?"

"Natty got into my head with some bullshit," Kay shook his head, sighing, "I'm sorry--I didn't mean to worry you or nothin', but his ass always gets under my skin. So fucking annoying."

"What'd he say to you?" She bit her lip.

"The same shit he said to me at Christmas, how I'on deserve you, and I'm gon' ruin ya life."

"The fuck? He said the same shit to me yesterday." She admitted to Kay, watching as he snapped his head up to look at her dead in the face.

"Nigga what?"

"Yeah, he grabbed me in the kitchen and started telling me how I was too good for you, but I told him that I respectfully don't care about any of that shit and that our relationship was none of his business."

Kay stood up, ready to storm downstairs to find his brother, but Niraiya quickly pulled him back down to sit.

"I don't want you to do anything to him, he's your brother, and you know how much he means to your mom, Kay," Niraiya shook her head, "but you can't let him get in your head like that. His words don't mean shit. I'm your girlfriend and if I wanna be with you, I'm gonna be with you--ain't shit he can do about it."

Kay slowly cracked a smile.

"Damn, ma," he chuckled, "you kinda sounded like me at the end there. My little mini me."

Niraiya blushed.

"I mean it, though, Kay." She insisted. "People are always gonna have shit to say about our relationship. The internet, the fans, your family, my family--it doesn't matter. You got me, I got you. That's how it works."