𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗: 𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

Niraiya closed herself off, the hurt she felt had quickly worn off and all she felt was embarrassment at being known as Kay's side-piece

Niraiya closed herself off, the hurt she felt had quickly worn off and all she felt was embarrassment at being known as Kay's side-piece. Instagram was going crazy, calling her all types of names and while she usually ignored the negativity, it was hard to shake. All she had was herself and her thoughts. Plus, she'd started talking to Ezekiel again, her long-time toxic ass situationship, and he'd started messing with her head too.

Khadijah came over when she could, but Niraiya just threw herself into her studies, acing almost every test and assignment she was given. Dougie started driving her to school, claiming Kay was busy in the studio, making music.

She knew it was a damn lie, she'd seen him posting himself at parties on instagram and snapchat, going live every once in a while.

She started dressing bummy too, often wearing tracksuits to school, her hair pulled back into a messy bun and her glasses became a thing she began wearing again. She exited her last class of the day, back aching, as she trudged over to Dougie's Audi.

"What's good, little sis?" Dougie greeted her as she settled into the passenger seat.

"Hi Dougie," she said quietly, clicking her seatbelt into place. Dougie began driving, having set the music to a low volume, which was normally unusual for him, but Niraiya didn't question it--just stared out the window as she thought about the various assignments due within the next two weeks. It'd been almost two months since she'd interacted with Kay. Sometimes, she'd see him on the block when she went to the bodega or deli, but she tried her hardest to act like he didn't exist. Maybe it was petty, but he hadn't reached out to her either.

Her phone chimed with a notification from Ezekiel, but she felt so drained just reading his name that she turned off her phone, putting it in her tote bag.

"Who's Ezekiel?" Dougie tried to ask casually. Niraiya sighed, of course his ass would read her notification.

"A friend," she said, keeping it short, holding her hands in her lap, "why?"

"Like a friend? Or a friend?"

"Dougie, please."

"I'm just asking, Raiya, just wanna know if he's treating you good."

"Its complicated." She said curtly.

"Alright, it's complicated," Dougie shrugged, as they sat at a red light, "so, you can come to my release party? I have this new single coming out tonight, I really want you to be there, Raiya."

"Dougie," she frowned.

"Chill, it's not that serious, Raiya, it's an old-school house party at some Airbnb," Dougie informed her, stepping on the gas as the light turned green, "no drinking though. I already told Jah not to do that shit tonight." At the mention of her friend, Niraiya smiled slightly. Dougie was crazy protective over her and while their relationship was questionable, she knew they had something going on behind closed doors with how much Dougie babied her. Khadijah seemed flustered all the time around him too, resulting to insults and childish arguments to get his attention and hide her feelings.