𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏: 𝐖𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓.

"So, who's this boy Sav keeps raving about?"

Niraiya playfully groaned, on FaceTime with her grandmother, who she affectionately called Momma. She hadn't gotten around to calling her, but she specifically made time today, waking up early and completing all her schoolwork, spending the afternoon catching up with the woman who had practically raised her.

"Sav says a lot of things, Momma," Niraiya advised her grandmother who scoffed, "no, I'm serious! I met a few people here in New York that make music--Sav's a fan, that's why she's freaking out and stuff." Niraiya said, trying to play it off. She and Kay had just gotten their friendship back, and it felt good to see him and not feel an awkward, uneasy tension between them. He had picked her up yesterday from school, buying her food, before promptly dropping her at home claiming he had something to do.

"Alright, fine," her grandmother sighed, voice soft and weary, "when will you be coming back home?"

"Probably for Christmas, mom's been hounding me about it too."

"Your mom has been missing you like crazy, she visits me every Wednesday complaining about how you don't call her."

"I do call her, though!" Niraiya laughed loudly. "She's just being dramatic, Christmas is in like--what? Three weeks? I'll be home soon, so don't stress about it, okay? I think auntie Laur is flying with me too."

"Niraiya! Arion and Khadijah are here for you!" Her aunt yelled, voice muffled through the walls.

"Your aunt is still loud as ever," Niraiya's grandmother shook her head.

"Momma, that's your daughter," Niraiya stated with a smile, "I gotta go though, I'll call you again this week, okay?"

"Alright, baby."

"Okay, bye Momma, I love you." Niraiya smiled cheekily, putting her face directly into the camera, making her grandma laugh as she ended the call. As soon as her grandmother hung up, her face fell, and she barely had a moment to think before Dougie and Khadijah burst through her bedroom door. "Don't be slamming my shit, Dougie." Niraiya side-eyed him as Khadijah jumped on her bed, hugging her.

"My fault, Raiya," he chuckled, raising his hands in surrender, "what's the word though? You tryna go out?"

"Go out and do what exactly?" Niraiya asked him, tilting her head in confusion. "It's fucking cold outside. It's November."

"Bro, don't be lame," Dougie shook his head.

"I'm not being lame! It's cold, I'm not going out," Niraiya retorted, mushing Khadijah's head gently, "and you, little girl, stop shoving your face in my boobs." She said playfully. Khadijah hugged her fiercely, legs intertwined, pressing her face into her chest.