𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐀.

Living in New York had led to some of the most eventful moments of Niraiya's life

Living in New York had led to some of the most eventful moments of Niraiya's life. In the week she'd been there, she'd been to parties, hang-outs, and gotten faded more times than all the eighteen years she spent living in Toronto. Hanging out with Khadijah, Dougie, and Kay had also gained her more fame and followers, with her Instagram account reaching almost fifteen thousand followers.

A lot had changed in so little time. Niraiya couldn't decide if that was a good or bad thing.

However, she was going out again, and Niraiya grinned as she straightened out her clothes. There was a cookout happening at the nearby park, and Niraiya knew she couldn't miss this opportunity for the world.

Especially because her auntie was cooking.

"Auntie," Niraiya sang, as she left her room, "how do I look?"

Lauren spent all morning in the kitchen, waking up bright and early around four A.M. in the morning to prepare. Apparently, this cookout was something special--routinely happening every summer and her aunt tried her best to cook her best friend, Timera, under.

𝐍𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐘𝐀'𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓

"You look cute, baby, ass poking out and everything," her auntie smiled as she stirred a pot of beef soup, "now come taste this soup!"

Niraiya laughed loudly, stepped towards her, gently sucking some soup broth from the ladle. She hummed before nodding furiously.

"It's perfect! So good, but it still amazes me how y'all make hot ass soup in the summer," Niraiya shook her head.

"Jamaicans are built different," her aunt joked, and the two shared a laugh just as the door to the apartment opened, "is that you, Kevin?"

"Yeah, it's me, auntie."

Niraiya was flustered just by the sound of his voice as Kay appeared from the entryway, curly hair pulled back into a messy bun. He wore a simple outfit: a pair of black jeans decorated with a silver Louis Vuitton belt, a plain white tee with black cats on his feet. Niraiya watched as he toed them off carefully before stepping into the kitchen, greeting her aunt with a sidehug.