He didn't tell me where we were going to eat but knowing him it is somewhere fancy, so I am making the decision to dress up.

After taking a brisk shower I take a couple of things I decided to wear for today.

I stood in front of my closet, staring at the array of clothes hanging before me. The task at hand seemed simple enough: choose an outfit for tonight's event. Yet, as I sifted through the hangers, a sense of indecision washed over me. The pressure to make the perfect choice loomed in the air, each garment beckoning me with its own allure.

My fingers grazed the silky fabric of an olive-green dress. The dress whispered promises of elegance and sophistication, its form-hugging silhouette tempting me to embrace my feminine allure.

Deciding in favor of that dress I complimented it with the necklace my father had gifted me, the delicate chain hanging above my collar bones, making them pop out against my slight tan.

-

As I sat at the table in the Italian restaurant. I couldn't help but feel angry and hurt. Our argument, and the fact that he hadn't once asked about how I was, had left me feeling like he didn't care about my feelings at all. But sitting across from him, I thought I could see a hint of remorse in his eyes and knew that he was here to make things right.

"Hola cariño" he began awkwardly.

I nodded in acknowledgment , still not ready to forgive him just yet.

He took a deep breath and began to speak. "Listen, Arya, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. I shouldn't have said those things to you. I was angry and I didn't know how to express it."

I looked down at the table, trying to keep my emotions in check. His apology was a step in the right direction, but it didn't erase the hurt that he had caused.

He reached across the table and took my hand. "I love you so much, and I never want to hurt you. Please forgive me."

The tone of his voice made me feel a layer of tears forming in my eyes.

"Remember having pasta Sundays with your mother? I know this is nothing like it, but I thought you would enjoy it, at least hope you do, it was hard finding a restaurant that resembled your mothers cooking."

I met his gaze and saw the sincerity in his eyes. Slowly, I began to soften. "Te perdono papá" I said, feeling the weight of the argument lift off my shoulders.

As if the apology had erased any past mistakes, we talked and joked like old times. Simply enjoying the meal and company we could give each other.

The slight glimpse of a smile haunted his lips as he scanned me face.

"I have been thinking these last few months. And I think you are ready" This time his smile gets wider.

Ready? For what.

"There is depth with becoming a mafia don, I won't bore you with details but being a leader is no easy job."

I appreciated him finally trying to explain. Still in ecstasy at the fact that we finally got these last few months behind us. I wondered what the future held for me, I knew becoming a don was my faith, but the truth was my dad needed to be gone for that. And I don't think I will ever be ready for that.

I know I will excel at my job; I always do, I am a perfectionist. That doesn't mean I am not nervous with the fact that I will have a whole country in my hands. My perfectionism and my confidence have been one of my favorite traits. Being a smart and pretty woman gets you everywhere.

"Have you noticed the fact that I have been gone for most of the time?" How can I not notice.

He begins to explain the reason he has been out of state. There apparently is some out of state manners that concern him for the well-being and long term of our mafia. He didn't get into details sadly, he only asked me to trust him and that I could be part of it, and that he would give me instructions of the things I needed to do to be able to fulfill his wishes.

"I am so thankful for all of this dad; I really am I can promise you I won't ever disappoint you again" We haven't mentioned the reason we haven't talked in months, but we did tiptoe around the topic. This was the first time I had said it so openly. He seemed to remember something when I mentioned it, but he quickly masked it with a smile.

"I know you won't" His warm smile showed the slight wrinkles he has gotten adorning his outer eyes, which made me look at his beard that was starting to be adorned with greying hairs.

He informs me that he has this business partner, Zoran. He has been working with him for quite some years, Zoran apparently is not part of the mafia, but he also doesn't work with anyone. He just does jobs that are in his best interest, and my dad pays very well.

He can't tell me what he is working on right now but that I will eventually know, he needs me to visit Zoran and get an envelope from him. Apparently, that envelope will be holding vital information, so I will need to guard it with my life, even if my dad informs me there will be no one trying to take it away from me. This is going to be the best way I can show my dad that he was right in trusting me and that the lost contract was just the one and only error I am willing to commit in my life.

-

The address my dad gave me was in the sketchiest place in New York, he really must be testing me, it is pouring. Walking around with an umbrella does not make it easy to be undercover.

The meeting with Zoran happened 2 days after my birthday, my dad handed me the address on a piece of paper with three simple instructions.

1. Do not let anyone see you

2. Do not open the envelope

3. Don't tell anyone about your visit.

Even if the instructions are dubious, I am forever grateful in him trusting me to commit to this mission.

The rain pouring down on me make the sunglasses that I am wearing look stupid on me, but I decided to wear an office professional outfit, my way of blending in is by looking like a lawyer in a hurry, and thus far it has been working in my favor, no man has stopped me, I guess lawyers are dominant enough. And I am going with the unapproachable look today.

To be fair this suit pants are making me walk with confidence never once wanting to look down, they are tight on my ass and loose enough to hide my gun. I have been missing my dagger since I left it in the crime scene in Sicily, that wasn't the smartest thing from me, but I will never regret it. Seeing Elijah's face when he found his men dead is something I would have paid to see. But I sense I will see him again; even if I don't know him, the short amount of moment I have shared with him tell me he won't let me win that easily.

After walking for 20 minutes, I get to the address given. It's quite a simple old house I decide to knock on it.

"Who is it? A raspy male voice shouts from a distance inside the house.

"Vincent sent me." I sent a short answer, dread washed over me, this scene is eerie.

After I spoke, I heard a shuffle behind the door, followed by an envelope sliding from the end of the door. I take it and leave.

My curiosity is peaked but I don't let it get the best of me. I respect my dad and trust him in making the decisions needed to be done.

Walking away from the house I see a familiar car with my driver in it. I nod thankfully at him and get in the car.

It only takes me 15 minutes to get back to the mansion.