28

Real Life

it was gone 3 in the morning when Samara awoke, in the guest bed, in dire need of a drink. the sun hadn't started to rise yet, but it was close to it, leaving the sky was a beautiful shade of blue. Samara got up, and quietly made her way to the kitchen, carful not to wake the rest of the house, especially the cats who were peacefully curled up together on their bed by the conservatory door.

upon entering the kitchen she jumped seeing Taylor sat in the connecting living room, paper scattered at her feet with a pen in hand, scribbling away in her infamous lyric journal. carefully watching her footing in the kitchen that was only lit by the glow of the living room desk light, Samara made her way over to her. when she was close enough, she cleared her throat in order to not startle the poor girl before carefully walking over the papers and sitting on the arm of the chair Taylor was sat in. 

"hi." 

"hey, what are you doing up?" Taylor smiled pulling Samara down to sit on her lap.

"came to get a drink." Samara answered pulling her in for a chaste kiss. "what you working on?" 

"oh uh nothing much. I just can't seem to stop writing." 

"yeah?"

"mhm. there's just so much more to explore with this style I mean... I've written that much I have enough for another album and then some!" Taylor chuckled. 

Samara moved on Taylor's lap, allowing both of them to be a bit more comfortable, her legs thrown over the arm of the sofa, head resting on Taylor's shoulder. she turned her head, looking at the notebook that had been carefully placed on her lap, page open. she read the words 'hows one to know, I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones' and just knew that this amazing journey was far from over. 

"then... create another album."

"what? that's insane!" 

"is it? you said it yourself it's basically written, you just need to call Jack and Aaron and boom: folklore has a sister." 

"I don't know..." 

"hey." Samara smiled kissing Taylor again as a gentle encouragement. "you can do it. you've got the whole world on your side, T Swift global domination." 

they both laughed at that, before staring into each others' eyes, both reading the genuine love and care seeping from their souls. it was Taylor who broke first, kissing samara like she was her lifeline. with both of them putting all of their affection into their kisses, it took a turn fast and began making Samara dizzy. as much as she was enjoying herself, she needed to know where this was headed before she lost her mind trying to decipher the enigma that was Taylor Swift. 

with that in mind, she pulled back taking a deep breath before looking at the woman before her.

"what is this?" she breathed out, slightly scared for where this conversation could go.

"um... kissing?" Taylor responded, a tone of confusion hanging from her words.

"well yes, but, what is this between us? like, we keep kissing and other stuff-" 

"I like the other stuff." Taylor remarked wiggling her brows with a smirk. 

it took everything in Samara to keep her composure. 

"me too, but I'm being serious T. I don't mind staying as we are if it means you're comfortable, but I'm also having a really hard time figuring my own feelings out when we act like this." 

they were both quiet for a while, the air thick but there was still a calmness in the room. the comfortable silence persisted until Taylor shifted looking directly into Samara's deep brown eyes.

"do you want to be my girlfriend?" she asked looking nervous.

"do you want me to be your girlfriend?" Samara questioned sensing the slight hesitation in her voice. 

"there is nothing I want more." 

"well of course I want to be your girlfriend." she smiled. 

Taylor sighed in relief, the tension in her shoulders shifted as she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, tiredness overtaking her features. 

"shall we go to bed?" 

"yes, I think we should, it's very late." 

"okay love, let me get my water." 

"isn't that what you came down for in the first place?" Taylor laughed as Samara stood stretching her arms over her head.

"yep. but you're more important" 

with that the two made their way into the kitchen, Samara made them both a glass of water that they stood drinking before making their way up to bed. not wanting to jump in too fast Samara turned to walk down the hallway to her room, but Taylor grabbed her hand and pulled her to her room. the two got into bed and this time it was Taylor's turn to cuddle up to her. they lay in a peaceful silence to begin with until Taylor murmured into the darkness. 

"you do know this won't be easy right?" 

"what's that?" 

"us. it won't be easy, the media will get a whiff of us and they'll make all sorts of stories up..." 

Samara thought it over for a second agreeing internally with Taylor's trail of thought, having watched the life of her lover from overseas, even if she didn't actively look for them, she couldn't ignore the vast amount of headlines that hit the news the second she was seen with anyone. 

"well we'll just have to tell them." 

"what!? I don't think-" 

"we'll tell them our story. we don't have to hide anymore Taylor, you don't have to answer to Scooter anymore. we don't have to do it right away, whenever you're ready." 

"I guess..." 

they fell into silence, Samara listened as Taylor's breathing began to get more even. she listened to the way their hearts began to beat in-time and felt the way their bodies slotted together. like they were meant to be one, two halves of a whole finally finding each other. 

"Hey Dorothea?" 

"yes darling?" 

"remind me to call Jack and Aaron when we get up."