04

February 2003

Samara, 

we're moving house! 

Dad has decided we should move to Nashville to help me get into the music industry, i'm beyond scared but i'm super super excited too! 

i really think this might work out, i really hope it does, my writing has gotten so much better the last few years. i think i could write a whole album if i put my mind to it. a country one of course. 

here's the new address,

Taylor x 

----
------------
----------
--------------
USA 

----

February 2003

Taylor, 

that is so exciting! 

i can't wait to hear your voice! i hope the albums come over here too, cause i'd buy them all if i could. 

i really don't know what i want to do, dad is trying to force me into business studies to become a secretary which sounds so boring, i really don't want to but i don't have a back up option right now because they're making me stay here. 

i keep getting into trouble every time i sneak of to Nickolai's but honestly i'd rather do that than stay here, i hate it here.

what do you think i should do?

Samara x 

----

April 2003

Samara,

i can't wait to take you away from your dad. i just want to fly over and grab you.

i think you should look into artistic careers, like writing because you love your books and you tell me all the fun stories you could plan (that i would love to read) and if not you could come song write with me! 

i could do with more help with it, i've only written about 60 songs, of which about 4 are any good. 

but really what you want to do with your life is your choice, don't let your dad or anyone else decide for you. 

the new house is huge, i don't know how i feel about it, it's so different to Pennsylvania and there are so many more things around, there's this really nice park just down from my house that i'd love to take you to someday!

i start high school in September and i'm really nervous cause i don't know anyone there and i hate making new friends. mom and dad decided to homeschool us until the new school year starts and i go to high school and Austin will start middle school.

i don't want you getting into any trouble but i feel so much better when i know you've been staying at Nickolai's or Leo's... because i know you're safe.

i wish there was a simple answer to all this.

love,

Taylor