24

Real Life

despite the stress of the previous day, Samara slept like a baby in the guest rooms king-sized bed. she woke up feeling like she was on a cloud, not just because of the bed being one of the softest things she'd ever touched but the fact that Taylor Swift would be here in a matter of hours and they'd actually be in the same room.

the. same. room.

Samara pulled herself out of the comfort of the bed and over to her suitcase, pulling out her wash stuff she headed into the guest room's ensuite. she looked around the bathroom and tried to keep her gawking to a minimum - but it was hard to do when she felt like she'd just walked into a bathroom at the palace. the bathroom itself looked like it had come straight from a showroom in IKEA, but a much, much higher quality, the bath itself had a fitted shower head to the ceiling which, once inside, Samara savoured the lush feeling of hot water pummelling onto her shoulders.

unfortunately her shower was over far too quickly, she stepped out and dried herself off with the towel she'd brought from home, needing some home-comforts on her first solo trip abroad. Samara still cursed herself for not bringing her kettle, but having never experienced the American way of making tea before, she didn't know what to expect. she dressed in a light-wash pair of jeans and her favourite light orange top, before pulling on a pair of black socks and started making her way downstairs, long hair flowing behind her. 

pulling open every cupboard in sight, finally finding some cereal, a bowl, spoon and milk that was somehow still in date, Samara sat down on the stools around the kitchen island and dug into her breakfast. a few mouthfuls in she felt incessant buzzing coming from her back pocket, she pulled her phone out and turned it on.

"shit."

IMessage

Lantsov Wannabe

20:49 PM
Nicko - dude
Nicko - where are you?
Nicko - Samara?
Nicko - has your plane crashed or something?
Nicko - why aren't you responding?

21:13 PM
Nicko - are you delayed?
Nicko - i'm gonna assume you're delayed
Nicko - not somewhere in the Atlantic

01:22 AM
Nicko - man
Nicko - this is some serious delay
Nicko - i sent those 4 hours ago

03.56 AM
Nicko - i saw your post so i'm glad you're alive

05:17 AM
Nicko - Leo and Charlie are snogging
Nicko - help
Nicko - you're supposed to be here
Nicko - but now i'm third wheeling
Nicko - what even is the time in the states?
Nicko - shit 5am
Nicko - you should be awake tho right?
Nicko - maybe?

10:28 AM
Nicko - okay so
Nicko - it's about half ten there
Nicko - so i'm assuming you're awake
Nicko - not dead in the sea
Nicko - if you are
Nicko - i'll kill you

i'm not dead

Nicko - SAMARA!
Nicko - you bitch
Nicko - where have you been?
Nicko - you were supposed to be home
Nicko - nearly 10 hours ago!

yeah well
change of plans

Nicko - how come?