08

December 2009

Taylor, 

hi love,

i have a major life update for you. 

dad has ended up in prison for child abuse and won't be able for parole for 18 years, if not more depending on his behaviour inside, i got a payout from the courts for the failings of social services, as they've had that case open against him for years now and they had plenty of evidence they just never did anything with it. 

i used some of that money to put a deposit on a house with Nico so we now live together in London. i've finished my book and i'm waiting for a few publishers to  get back to me in order for me to be able to sell it, then of course i'll send you a copy, straight away. 

i saw some articles about you breaking up with Taylor and now you're dating John Mayer? honestly i don't trust a lot of those sources but i just thought i'd find out what's going on. 

Samara x 

ps - the new address

----
------------
------
-----------

UK

----

December 2009

Samara,

we're going to have to start using a codename, your letters are  getting caught up in a crazy amount of fan mail. 

i'll be honest and say i'm not even surprised your dad's gone to prison, it really should've happened a long time ago. i'm glad that you got something out of social services' incompetence. you deserve something. 

i saw the pictures of your house on snapchat, it's really beautiful. i can't wait for the book either! 

i did break up with Taylor, i kinda regret it now because he's so loving but it felt like the right thing to do, i feel like i used him and that really isn't fair. he didn't deserve it. i started dating John, he's so lovely, we met while songwriting and just hit it off, i feel like if we break-up it's gonna hurt, a lot.

yours
Taylor x