25

2 MONTHS LATER 

Real Life

Living with Taylor became a comfortable and easy routine when the two realised just how severe things were outside and concluded that there was no way that Samara was getting home any time soon. 

the two would enjoy breakfast together, then they'd go to Taylors studio for a few hours, working on this story that Taylor had thought up in the middle of the night a few weeks prior that she wanted to portray through song, but couldn't figure it out alone, before Samara would leave her to it and continue working on her next novel. 

the two were currently in the studio, Taylor surrounded by sheets of paper and her first and favourite guitar strapped to her chest while Samara lay on the couch, Olivia cuddled up on her chest sleeping peacefully. 

"i'm thinking James' song should be regretful." Taylor thought aloud. 

"yeah, maybe, but he's also the one who caused the problem right? he cheated on Betty." 

"yeah..." 

"but what if he doesn't see it like that?" 

"how do you mean?" 

"like, what if..." Samara paused trying to piece together exactly what she wanted to say. "so you know how in august it's 'meet me behind the mall'?" 

"yeah, he's instigating the meets, that's why he's regretful." Taylor states slightly confused at what Samara was getting at.

"but is he? think about it, 'remember when i pulled up' insinuates Augustine is the one driving. so he could see it that she's persuading him to go."

Taylor sat silently for a moment.

"so he could also feel victimised? or at least play the victim..." 

"exactly." Samara smiled. "cause if she's pulling up all like 'James get in let's drive' he might twist that talking to Betty and make her feel bad for him." 

"so she goes back..."

Samara nods.
"we've already discovered Augustine's point of view, maybe even Betty's if you put that song before this one in the album. James' song can almost be... manipulative." 

"i like this idea!" Taylor grinned.

"good." Samara smiled stroking the cat on her chest casually. 

"he can still be regretful though, but it can be almost false, cause i had this really good idea, listen... you heard the rumours from Inez, you can't believe a word she says -  na na na na, then something like - the worst thing that i ever did, it was hurting you..."

"hmm, i like it, cause he's blaming Inez, but logically Betty is gonna know that he's actually cheated so maybe after that be like 'most times, but this time it was true." 

"ooo! then, the worst thing that i ever did, was what i did to you! yes!" Taylor jumped smiling widely before kissing Samara on the cheek. 

this is another dynamic the two had picked up in the last two months, Samara noticed how affectionate Taylor was, always going in for hugs, or cuddling on the couch during films, so it wasn't odd for them to kiss each other's cheeks on occasion or if one of them was having a bad day, cuddle up in Taylor's excessive bed. 

"have you ever considered songwriting?" Taylor mused writing down the lyrics in her phone, not to forget them. 

"i took up fiction writing instead." Samara chuckled before carefully stretching her arms out over the arm of the love seat before carefully picking up Olivia, swinging her legs round onto the floor, and setting the cat down on the free space. "speaking of, i better get back to it." 

Taylor hummed as Samara went to stand before gasping and pushing her back down. 

"before you go... can i play you something?"

"sure love." 

Taylor fidgeted a little, sitting upright and re-tuning her guitar.

"being here and having your full accounts on things you told me as a child really inspired me and i wanted to... well, i wrote this thing, i want to play you it, it doesn't have to go on the album or anything like that, i just want you to hear it..." 

Samara smiled at Taylors nervous rambling.

"i'd love to hear it." 

"okay... it's called seven." 

Taylor took a deep breath before playing a graceful tune that Samara had never heard before; it wasn't too much of a surprise that she'd never heard it with the studios walls being soundproof, but Taylor had a tendency to hum her new tunes throughout the house as she began to write. what did surprise her were the lyrics. they hit a chord in Samara, walking her beautifully through a mixture of both their childhoods and how they intertwined as they began to write to one another. by the end of the bridge Samara had tears streaming down her face until the song ended. 

"you're crying? i'm sorry!" Taylor fussed pulling Samara in for a hug almost immediately, discarding her guitar on the floor. 

"i'm okay. i'm okay." Samara sniffed. "i just- you really did that..." 

"did you not like it?" 

"i loved it." Samara smiled, eyes glossy with remnant tears. "it has to go on the album." 

"are you sure? i mean... you're sad."

"no, i'm so happy, i feel loved and listened to... Tay, you just comforted my inner child more than anyone ever has in my life in under four minutes... i don't even know what i'm feeling." 

the two girls smiled at one another, lost in their own little world for a moment, only when she zoned back in did Samara catch the position they were in, as in her haste to comfort, Taylor had climbed into Samara's lap in order to hug her. Samara gulped at their proximity, now realising just how close they were to each other. how close their lips were. 

just a small lean forward and their lips would be touching...

she internally debated wether to go for it for a few seconds but in the end her worries were cut short as she felt the soft press of lips against her own.

Taylor Swift was kissing her.
she was kissing Taylor Swift. 

but in that moment it didn't feel like it, in that moment it was Samara and Taylor.
Bonnie and Dorothea.

Samara had never felt so happy in her life.