05

THREE YEARS LATER

September 2006

Samara, 

i did it! 

i just signed the last contract to release my debut album!! i was really struggling for a name so i just called it 'Taylor Swift' i really hope it goes well because i loved the process of making the music. my manager, Rick, seems to think that a few of the songs will be big hits so we're planning to record some music videos for those tracks, its daunting and i'm so excited. 

i don't think it's going to the UK yet though, i think i need a bit more popularity before we can sell globally. 

but i promise, as soon as i get sent a final copy, you'll get a signed copy with your letter, just don't tell anyone! or tell everyone, that's what we want really haha.

i'm so nervous!

Taylor x

----

October 2006

Taylor,

i'm so proud of you Taylor! i can't wait to listen to it when i can. 

i have some exciting news too, i started to write a book, it's not very good right now, but i'm happy with how it's going cause i just need to write it, then i can edit it when i'm done and know exactly what's coming! 

it's going to be called 'The Hunger Games' it's kind of like that book i explained to you a little while ago, the one with the podiums, but it's slightly different as the main character is an archer, which i've had to ask Leo a lot of questions about because he's the only person i know that's any good with a bow and arrow. 

i think you'll enjoy it. i'm really excited to finish it, i've written just over 1/3 of it so i've got lots to go.

i'm still working at that frozen yogurt shop, i can't wait to leave, the smell of the ice cream makes me sick, honestly don't think i'll touch the stuff when i leave. they're thinking of changing the uniform soon too - goodbye teal! - but they'll probably go for a light pink or something.

i don't know which is worse...  

Samara x 

----

November 2006

Samara, 

here's your album!

god i hope you enjoy it i've been stressing over how you'll react to it for ages...

the book sounds so cool and i can't wait to read it when it's all done! 

everything is crazy over here, i've had to do some signings and we've started to record the music video for Our Song and i'm so nervous, i'm not great in front of a camera at the minute, every little thing is making me crazy-overwhelmed. 

i wish you were here :(

Taylor x

----

December 2006

Taylor,

oh
my
god.

the album is amazing i'm so jealous, i wish i was that talented, my favourite is definitely Picture to Burn, but they're all so good.  

i wish i was there too, i could get on with writing more and i'd see you. i mean, i'm only 17, i don't know anything about moving country but i'd do it to be with you. I'd miss the Burns' and the Gallagher's though, even if i'd be able to go see them. 

i wouldn't miss dad. he's still the same. luckily i'm older now so i just leave or sneak out to Leo's and Nicko's or work. i'm putting in so much overtime lately just to avoid going home, i think my manager is getting suspicious. 

i'm there in spirit though, everything you do i'm there cheering you on, i'm so happy for and proud of you Taylor, you deserve all the success in the world. 

i love you, always,

Samara x