𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 19 - 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓛𝓲𝓮𝓼

Y/n's POV:

Adrien's questions still hadn't stopped.

"I don't understand why you and Marinette have been acting so weird. Your like best friends, all of a sudden!" He argues, flailing his arms in the air.

"We just found something... we had in common. I still hate her, you know?"

To be honest, you understood where he was coming from. You and Marinette had started sitting together, to both Alya and Nathaniel's disappointment. 

It wasn't that you wanted to sit with her, but fate had it's ways. Funny, wasn't it? The red strings of fate that had seemingly tied Marinette and Adrien together had been cut... their paths changed. Marinette's life has changed drastically, too. Fate loved to toy with the fragile hearts of lovers, didn't it? It was as if all of us were simply pawns in a game led by kings and queens.

Adrien pushes your shoulder slightly.

"You've been off since last week. Are you alright?" He asks cautiously. 

"Aww... you do care." You swoon dramatically. Adrien chuckles, nodding. 

"Of course I do."

====================================================

You and Marinette eyed each other suspiciously. She had long back told you that Lila had seen, but the two of you were unsure if whether she knew what a kwami even was. You couldn't take that risk. Not when Adrien was on the line. Lila must've noticed you two looking at her, and sent back a glare, giving up on acting nice. You roll your eyes and scoff. It was hard to watch her from the steps, but Marinette had insisted it would make the whole 'spying' project easier. It didn't. It just made us look like legitimate creepos.

"She saw!" Marinette says ducking. You laugh at her, waving at Lila, casually. She frowns and turns to leave.

"She's leaving! Go, go, go!" You say, grabbing the helmet from Marinette's bike and getting on the bike. Just when you were about to catch up to her, the bike screeches to a stop. You had hit something? 

But nothing was there before?

Confused, you stand up from the crashed bike, to find Adrien sprawled out on the ground, bike on top of him. Giggling, Marinette helps pick it up, you laugh along with her nervously.

"What. The. Heck. Is. Going. On." Adrien says firmly. You try to think of a way to squirm out of this conversation.

"And why were you chasing Lila?" He adds. Damn it.

"Uhh... Y/n, we'll lose her, let's go!" Marinette says, taking off.

"What she said!" You call over your shoulder, disappearing into the distance. Adrien simply shakes his head in disappointment, wiping the dust off of his shirt.

When you have both caught to Lila, your surprised by what you see. She's at the lake you used to always be at. Your Father's lake. It was even named after him.

"Y/n. Marinette. Nice of you to join me here!" She playfully winks, patting for us to sit down next to her. We skeptically do so, exchanging worried glances.