𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 17 - 𝓑𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮

A/N: Over the weekend I have literally brainstormed SO MANY ideas, I don't know where to get started! Let's just say that this is going to go on for at least 30 more chapters 💀

Y/N's POV:
Several workmen hurriedly rushed to fix up the house, and you stood amidst all the chaos, trying to get it all under control. Yes, despite your Mother being... a pushover in regards to your career, you had always looked up to her. She constantly ushered you to be... like her. And as much as you wanted to, you just couldn't. You weren't her. And she had always made that clear. 

You would never be enough.

So now, that you were part of one of the biggest agencies in the world, along with the Agreste brand, you thought she would be proud. No- you hoped she would be proud. That was the only reason you were so fixated on making this perfect. 

You wanted to meet her expectations.

"Y/n... Are you alright?" Ezra inquired. You had to admit, now that she knew everything, it felt better to have the weight of your shoulders. You smile softly at her.

"Yes."

==========================================================

When the Agreste's had arrived, you tensed even more. The pressure had risen greatly. Especially with Adrien sitting directly in front of you on the table.

Mother had arrived long ago, and as per usual, had taken far more interest in setting up your schedule, rather than paying attention to you. You had lots of vacant spaces in your schedule, of course, since Mother wasn't there to sponsor other shoots. You were glad that she was back, yes, but you weren't exited to get back into modelling.

"Y/n, darling, why don't you and Adrien go upstairs, while me and Mr. Agreste discuss S/n matters?" Mother asks- no- orders through her teeth. You nod meekly, leading Adrien upstairs.

"Y/n..." Adrien starts, stepping into the room.

"Don't." You snap. 

An uneasily eerie silence fills the room, making an awkward tension wrap around the two of you.

"Hey, do you wanna do something fun?" You suddenly ask, perking an eyebrow. You were still mad at Adrien, but did want to do something fun, for once.

The blonde eagerly nods, glad to hear you speak after what felt like an eternity to him.

You both help each other steadily get out of the window, landing on the roof of the next house. Grabbing Adrien's hand, you both jump down, running as far as possible from the house, giggling like maniacs. Multiple citizens yell from their balconies, at your racket, and others just stared, causing you both to toss over in laughter. It wasn't funny... it was just the feeling of being free... the adrenaline.

Soon, the two of you slowed into a steady gallop, wheezing from the pain of stitches. You didn't let the laughter stop, though. It felt... good.

"Hey, Adrien?" You suddenly ask, not laughing anymore. He nods, signaling for you to speak.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I was just... mad. That it was you who was Chat Noir! Like, the dumb blonde!" You rant, flailing your arms. He chuckles slightly, panting heavily, still.

"I'm sorry, too. I got mad... for no reason. At all. Forgive me?" He asks, stepping closer to you. You smile up at him, closing the gap between the two of you slowly. 

"You didnt tell anyone, right?" Adrien piques, pulling apart. 

"Only Ezra. It's okay, you can trust her." You mumble, ruffling his stupid blonde hair. 

He mutters in agreement, and pulls you into a hug. There, on a lonely park bench, you fall asleep looking at the stars.