Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Mayu

I can't stop thinking about her...it's all like a replay of when we first met. She clouded my mind and took me by storm without caution, but instead of feeling good, I felt so nervous to the point of thinking my stomach couldn't handle anything I would put down.

"Yukirin..." I whispered softly as my breath slowly leaked from my mouth and turned into an icy smoke. My body was shivering with a cold that wrapped around me and pierced me like a steel chain, no matter how many levels of jackets I packed onto my body.

I wish she was here, I wish she was here to hold me and tell me it was okay...but she wasn't, she wasn't here to save me, and she wasn't here to love me. What I did to her...the group, to everybody wasn't right, it was unfair, and it wasn't forgivable.

I inhaled the frostbite air as it nipped at the inside of my lungs and pulled me to the brink of coughing.

I was outside of a small convenience store. I was only there to think about what I did, get a breather.

(Flash back)

Yuki hugged me as we sat on the couch, all I could feel was emptiness, I felt like a hollow shell that wasn't ever gonna be filled by another matter. My tears stained my cheeks as Yuki tried her best to wipe all of them away but it was just too overwhelming for her. I didn't deserve her for what I did.

"I love you Mayuyu, so much, I want to be with you for as long as my existence...Watanabe Mayu, I devote myself to you." Yuki said we a confident smile.

What she said made more salty tears drip onto Yuki's shirt.

"Don't say that, don't say that. You don't want me, I don't deserve you, you're too good of a person!" I shouted.

"...But I'm not...you don't understand half the stuff I did..." Yuki solemnly looked down towards me and stroked my hair.

"But..."

"I've done worse than you'll ever know, Mayuyu."

This caused me to look up at her and stop crying for a couple minutes. This made me feel better but only by a little.

"It'll be okay, just tell me what happened..." She said comfortingly as her voice soothed my ears, slowly pushing me to relax.

I stopped and looked at the ground as I tried to think of what to say, but i honestly couldn't bring myself to say such things to her. I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows as my look of sadness came back. I stood up and removed myself from her tight grasp as she stood up behind me and followed me to the exit of her house.

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Things are better left unsaid, Yukirin." I didn't bother to look back at her or else I knew my tears would breach through my eyes.