Chapter Five- Time to Learn a Language

Your P.O.V.

—-----------------------

We've been riding to the next location for around an hour now Bill and Tom have decided to start teaching me Geman. Tom who's been very obviously teaching me curses, decides to try and teach me another word.

"Say hündin." Bill swiftly smacks him in the back of the head.

"Stop only teaching them curse words." Tom frowns and rubs the back of his head.

"They still have to learn them, they're still part of our language plus I think it's funny." Tom starts to laugh which earns him a glare from Bill. Bill sighs and decides now is a good time for him to take over.

"We'll start simple with introducing yourself, hallo, ich heisse Bill. Now you try." Oh boy, when I imagined this happening while daydreaming in math I never had to learn a new language. I start to attempt the new sentence.

"Hallo, ick, no ich heisse (Name)." I look at Bill expecting to be criticized for my awful attempt at the German language but he just smiles and claps.

"That was really good for a first try." He smiles brightly at me and grabs my hands causing my face to warm up at the contact. He seems to realize what he just did and he lets go abruptly and looks away. Tom just smirks at him knowingly then turns to me continuing to try to teach me curses.

~Time skip~

After a few hours on the trip, I've actually learned a lot. I can now pick up a few words when they decide to talk in German. I've also begun to pick up on their speech patterns, Tom uses an overabundance of curse words which seems pretty in character and Bill tends to over-explain things which is a cute habit.

Now almost everyone is passed out on the bus, except for Bill and I. While we were sitting across from each other before now we're sitting next to each other because Tom kicked him out of the spot he was sitting.

I stare out the window watching as cars pass by. I'm starting to get sleepy myself when I hear Bill clear his throat and I look over.

"So why were you kicked out, if it's not too personal." I look down. Well, he was bound to ask eventually so I should have thought of something before. After a few seconds, I finally think of something.

"My parents were planning this future for me that I just didn't want and when I told them I didn't want to be what they wanted me to be they got angry and kicked me out. They were trying to live through me I guess." Bill nods and offers me a side hug that I lean into. I start to drift off and as I do I hear Bill whisper something.

"I'll protect you mein schatz." Then I fall asleep.

I wake up to someone talking loudly in German, I pick up a few things like wake up and boys and I realize it's probably their manager waking them up I go to sit up and realize there's a weight on my head. I glance over and realize Bill and I fell asleep on each other. I blush at the thought then start to nudge Bill to wake him up. He groans and sits up straighter looking down at me, his eyes widen and he quickly scoots away which causes me to fall onto the cushion of the seat since I was still leaning on him for support. He panics and begins apologising profusely I laugh and shake my head as I sit up.

I notice Tom standing up next to us which surprises me cause I expected him to be the last person up and about. He winks at me and goes to grab his bag, I then remember that he kicked Bill out of their shared seat saying that he needed more space to nap. My mouth then opens in shock as it hits me. He did that on purpose!

I spring up startling Bill and I mutter an apology as I grab my bag and chase after Tom to ask him why he did that. I catch up to him just outside the hotel doors.

"TOM! Why the hell did you do that?!" He freezes and looks back at me. He begins to speak.

"You two obviously like each other so I thought I'd help move things along." He shrugs and starts to walk away but I stomp up to him and grab the back of his shirt.

"Oh no you don't. How do you even know if Bill likes me or not?" Tom raises his eyebrows and speaks.

"Oh, so he hasn't told you yet." He then removes my hand from his shirt and walks away leaving me there slack-jawed. I get frustrated and yell at the door he just walked through.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!?" I sigh and wait for the others. Bill comes up to me first with Georg and Gustav talking to each other a few feet behind him. Bill looks at me confused and begins to speak.

"What did Tom say that made you yell at him like that?" I sigh and look at him.

"Some cryptic bullshit that I'm too tired to look into right now." I sigh and head into the lobby of the hotel where I see Tom sitting on a random couch I want to ask what he meant before but I can't be bothered so I just sit in a chair across from him. We sit in silence for a few minutes before the rest of the guys plus their manager walk into the room. Bill seems to be talking to the manager about something serious having to do with the rooms and who's staying where. Bill then comes up to us and begins to explain the situation.

"So you'll be staying in a room with Tom and I again since our room usually has a couch so we can all hang out. We can't change our rooms around due to hotel policy but you should be okay right?" I nod and stand up Tom gets up after me and we both follow Bill up to our room.

We finally arrive at the room and Bill opens the door I walk in and lay on the couch and close my eyes for a minute and when I open them back up Tom is standing above me staring at me so I throw a decorative pillow at his face and he glares at me.

"What's up?" He shakes his head and begins speaking.

"How are you so oblivious?" I give him a confused look and he leaves to go sit on his bed. I sigh and close my eyes once more.

What is up with him today?