Chapter 3

Annabeth's POV:
Today had gone by so fast that class had ended with a snap of my fingers. I had a duel against someone named Percy Jackson, and he used a spell I'd never heard of. It was like some kind of water charm? I'll look it up in the library later. I was walking to my next class, which is Potions class when I heard heels clasping on the ground. Oh gods. The almighty, Drew Tanaka.

"Hey Annie." She said with the world's fakest smile.
"What do you want, drama queen?"
"Oh calm down, Annie, I just want to talk," snickered Drew with the same innocent fake smile plastered on her face.
"Ugh. What is it..." I reply with an annoyed expression.

I hold my breath as she grabs my arm and twists it, giving me another bruise. Great.

"Stay away from Percy Jackson. I saw the way you guys were looking at each other. Back off. Or else." She demands, her innocent smile fading away into a angry frown.
"I don't even know what you're talking about, but sure." I reply sarcastically.

After my rebuttal, she storms off, giving me the evil eye on the way out. Classic Drew.
Why is she getting all mad at me about Percy? I barely even know him! It's not like he's cute, with his messy hair, his sea-green eyes, his goofy look...
Ahh! Stop it Annabeth! Why are you talking about him like that?! You can't start liking someone like him! Snap out of it!
As I step into my potions class, stupid Draco Malfoy sits down next to me. Again. Why is it always me? Shouldn't he be flirting with other girls or making fun of people?

"Hey Anniebeth. You look great, as always. Wanna hangout sometime? My room is always open, you know, for kissing..." asks Malfoy, with his usual annoying smirk on his face.
"No thanks. I don't want your nasty gingivitis globs all over me," I reply, trying to shut him up.

It works! Score! Professor McGonagall then steps up and calls on Percy to try and create a love potion. I almost laugh when he messes it up and starts laughing from McGonagall's expression, trying to pick up the mess at the same time. I notice that while the smile is on my face, Draco gets a little jealous. But of whom?
Wait. He's not jealous of Percy, is he?! No, no, no, no. It's not like that.
Percy suddenly walks by me and his face begins to turn red. Wait, is he blushing? As he walks by, I hear a small "Hey." come out of his mouth. Wait, why is he talking to me? Doesn't he have friends to get to or something? After learning about how to brew a love
potion, we are dismissed and everyone heads over to the Great Hall for dinner.
I walk to my normal spot at the Slytherin table and sit down. I don't really have any friends in Slytherin, so I don't really talk to anyone. People in Slytherin are too stuck up and rude.
I look around for a bit and then take out a new book of spells that I got yesterday.
I notice that Percy is blushing again. It isn't any of my business anyways. I then eat my food and head down to my room.
Why can't I stop thinking about him?! It shouldn't be this hard! Sure, his eyes are pretty.
Ugh, stop thinking about him! He's a troublemaker! If mother finds out, then she will be absolutely furious!
I don't understand why, but she hates half-bloods or muggle-born wizards or witches. To make matters worse, Percy is a muggle born. You know what? That's it. I'm just going to sleep. Maybe that way I won't have to think about Drew, Mom, Percy, or anyone else!

Hey guys! This is Madalyn! Sorry I haven't posted this chapter earlier. I just got done with a whole bunch of stuff, and I never had time. This chapter is a little shorter, with 691 words. I hope you guys enjoy it! Bye guys!

- PercabethXAarmau