Chapter 69

"(F/N)-chan? Are you okay?" Megumi whispered, peering over your face to get a look of you.

After seeing what most broke your heart, you felt like your whole body was left still and paralyzed, shock and pain still flowing through you as you stared at the very spot where Akashi and Sonia used to be standing on a few moments ago.

"Helloooo? (F/N)-chan?" Megumi waved a hand infront of you, crawling from behind you and then to your front, making her block your view. You then saw a very concerned-looking close-friend.

Your face was left emotionless, eyes filling out and was replaced by dullness, you yourself feeling like your goals in life have been destroyed, having no sense at all anymore.

And before you knew it, tears were already making their way down against your cheeks. Megumi sighed and immediately engulfed you in a tight hug, her patting your back in sympathy.

"Why?! What did I ever do? All I was doing is loving him and this is how it ends up? It all just started with a simple challenge, up to him saving me, then it comes to the part where everything flashed before my eyes, his lips on mine and just in a blink of an eye, everything was gone when that Sonia just entered the scene!"

Tears continued to flow down your cheeks, nuzzling your face furthermore against Megumi's shoulder as she continued to pat your back.

"He just suddenly turned his back away from me for no absolute reason! What is wrong with him?! After all those... things." You mumbled at the end, still crying your heart out.

"Call me a drama queen but it hurts! It hurts seeing him with the person who should be me instead!"

"Shh. There there, (F/N)-chan. Just let it all out." Megumi said softly, still patting your back sympathetically.

You both remained at this position for atleast a very long time on what you assumed. Megumi decided to stop hugging you once your sobbing has died down.

"If I knew this was going to happen, like you breaking down then I shouldn't have done this in the first place..." Megumi mumbled, finally, guilt washing over her face.

"I told you I had a bad feeling about this." You sighed, sniffing a few times before standing up, wiping a few tears with the back of your hand.

"How could I be so blind? I should have known better than this." You mumbled quietly, stuffing your hands into your pants' pockets.

"So... does that mean were going to stop with ruining their date?" Megumi smiled nervously, chuckling a bit as she scratched the back of her head.

You could only just stare at her with a frown and afterwards, sighing as Megumi quickly took back what she said.

"A-Ah! Sorry.. I just really want to do it so badly." She awkwardly chuckled.

"I'm so self-centered, oh my."

"Wanna go for a walk? To.. you know. Get your mind off of it?" Megumi suggested as you quickly agreed, nodding your head as you walked right past her, head down.

"So, (F/N)-chan. Does that mean you don't like or love Akashi anymore?" Megumi asked unsure, unsure if she should be asking this or not but she just had to know.

You stayed quiet, not even saying a word or making a sound as you just stared at Megumi with a straight face.

"No more (Shipname)? Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted, I guess." Megumi giggled, giving you another soft pat on your back as she walked further ahead of you.

But as for you, you are aware of the fact that your mind has been set on already givinf up on Akashi but your heart wouldn't just allowed it.

Your mind says no but your heart says yes.