Chapter 8

We moved to the office area and were greeted by a man in his 20s

We moved to the office area and were greeted by a man in his 20s. He walked toward us as soon as we stepped in and greeted "Good Morning, everyone. I am Liam, Ms.Alessia's assistant. Let me take you to her." 

We nodded our heads. He started moving to the hallway, ended at a double door with a board saying Alessia, Founder, and CEO, and knocked. The knock was replied with a "come in" which undoubtedly belonged to Alessia.

Liam opened the door and said, "Ms. Alessia, they've arrived." 

The view of the office was breathtaking with floor-to-ceiling windows on 2 sides with natural lighting overlooking the city.

One side of the office was filled with a round-shaped sofa and 2 other adjacent sofas, the other side of the office had a hardwood desk with a computer and photo frames filling the walls.

Alessia sat on her chair and a boy one or two years older sat across from her. She had a blank look on her face but her eyes were soft and I am sure we all held the same expression.

The boy and Alessia stood up, she rounded from her chair and hugged him tightly whispering something while I glared at the duo and his hands on her waist.

And I am sure it was the same with my father and the rest of my brothers.

The duo ignored us whispering to each other. The boy broke the hug and kissed her forehead bopping her nose.

He walked towards the door, and just as he was about to touch the door handle he retracted and turned to me and said "Take care of her. She needs you even though she doesn't show it." 

He then turned to Alessia and said "Bye, chipmunk. Take care and call me or Al if you need us." making a call gesture with his hand. "I will, Ax" she replied. He nodded his head once toward us and retreated from the office.

Alessia turned to us and gestured to the couch "Please take a seat." Alessia and I sat on the chairs while the rest settled on the couch. She then turned to me and asked "Did you get the results, Mr. De' Luca?" I nodded and gestured to the envelope in my hands. 

I was slightly hurt by the name but ignored it for now.

"Have you read it?" She asked hesitantly. "No, we wanted to see it together with you" I replied. Her lips twitched lightly but she suppressed it. "Let me." Dad took the envelope from my hand and opened it. 

 My heart was beating faster than it ever had. I noticed Alessia's hands shaking, so I took her hand in mine and squeezed it. She tensed at my touch but then relaxed slowly. 

Dad opened the letter and read its contents but kept a blank face and it was at this moment I sort of hated how we learned not to show any emotions.

He then faced us after folding the letter and uttered the words that changed my life wholly "She is your daughter." and smiled so big it was starting to creep me out.

I felt happy and content for a long time and all the nervousness I felt from morning left me. I took the letter from Dad reading it which produced a small smile from me. 

I gave the letter to Alessia who was still shaken up but was better after hearing the result. She took it with shaky hands and read through it. She gave me a small smile as a tear ran down her cheek which she furiously wiped away.

But the tears did not stop as a sob emitted from her. I pulled her to my chest as she cried softly making my heart clench hardly. I hated seeing her cry more than anything and it was then I decided one thing.

I am going to protect you, tesoro.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, my dear readers.

It's been so long since I have updated a chapter. How are you all? I know many have asked me to update it but I was not able to as my grandfather passed away not recently. So, I am sorry for not updating. 

And here is a new chapter for you. Enjoy it.

Have a nice day.

~SnehaReddy080