she cries herself to sleep in your arms (requested)

You sat on the bed scrolling through your phone as Selena entered the bedroom.

"Hi, my love." You said as you looked up from your phone. "How was your day today?"

She didn't reply.

Instead, she kept her head low and stayed quiet as she changed out of her sweater and into a long and cozy t-shirt.

"Selena?"

She looked up at you and gazed at you with sad eyes and you knew then that she'd had a rough day.

"Bad day, baby?"

She nodded her head in response.

"Can I do anything to make it better?"

She shrugged her shoulders, unsure if there was anything you could do that could help to make her feel better.

"How about some cuddles?"

She nodded before getting into bed with you.

She scooted closer to you and laid her head on your shoulder and as you wrapped your arms around her to hold her close, she started to cry.

"Oh, Sel," You spoke softly as you started to rub her back comfortingly.

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't be sorry, my love. It's alright to cry if you need to. I'm here for you." You said as you held her a little tighter.

It's been a long and stressful week and, on top of that, she's been dealing with more than her fair share of hate from people online.

It's all catching up to her and making her feel less than, causing tears to slip down her cheeks repeatedly.

"I wish I could make it all better." You said.

"You are." She said. "I just need you and need to cry."

"Then cry it out, baby. It's alright. I'm right here, I'll hold you the whole time."

She started to sob, her shoulders shaking as she did so.

"Shh, it's okay." You shushed softly, trying everything you could to make her feel better. "Let it out, Sel. It's alright."

And with that, she didn't hold back.

She cried out all her tears as she buried her face in your neck, holding onto you just as tight as you held her.

She felt safe to let out all her tears, a feeling that only you can give her.

She cried and cried until there was nothing left inside and when she became quiet after a few minutes, you grew concerned.

"Selena? You okay?" You asked as you stared down at her.

And you breathed out a sigh of relief when you realized that she had fallen asleep.

Unfortunately, that meant that she had cried herself to sleep in your arms, which practically shattered your heart.

You rubbed her back, gently brushing your nails against her skin as she slept.

You kissed her head softly and she cracked a small smile in her sleep, making your heart flutter a bit.

It made you happy to see it after everything.

"I love you, baby. Sleep tight." You said as you kissed her head once more.

You continued to hold her as she slept, hoping that whenever she opened her eyes, she'd feel better again.