"I'm right here" (requested)

Selena slowly brushed her fingertips along your back in circles, hoping it would help to bring you a little comfort.

She knows you're in desperate need of some right now. It's been one of the worst days of your life, if not your worst today. Your dog just passed away, leaving you with an ache in your heart like you've never felt before.

You've been crying into your pillow for the last hour. The pain you feel is one you can't even put into words.

Your dog was your everything.

He was always right there by your side to make you feel better when you were sad or to bring you even more happiness on some of your best days.

He was your best friend. He's been through every up and every down with you, the only one that stuck with you through it all.

"Baby? Do you need anything?" Selena asked, her voice soft as she bit down on her lip as she tried to hold back her own sobs.

You shook your head. You can't speak. Your heart hurts too much.

She understands. She's not pushing you into speaking. She knows you're hurting and there's not much she can do to make it better.

"I know it hurts, baby. But at least he's not hurting or suffering anymore. That's good. Right?"

You nodded. You knew that. But it didn't make it hurt any less.

"He was my best friend."

"I know." She spoke softly, blinking away the tears in her eyes. "He was such a good dog."

"The best." You cried. "He loved me so much and he took such great care of me. He always made everything better. He made me feel so loved every day I had him. I don't know what to do without him."

"It's okay." She tried to soothe as she noticed you were sobbing uncontrollably once more. "I know it's awful. I'm so sorry. But, I know he loved you so much. You were the most amazing companion and best friend he could've had in his life. Trust me, baby. I saw it in him. He was the happiest little dog because of you. He was loved and he knew he was loved, he loved you just as much."

You swallowed thickly as you shifted from crying into your pillow and into her hoodie instead.

"It's going to hurt. It's going to take some time to heal. That's okay. There's nothing wrong with that. But just remember that you gave him the greatest life a dog could ever have. Every year he spent on this earth, he was the happiest dog, because he had you."

You sank your teeth into your lip and continued to cry.

"He used to wait by the door for me when I'd get home."

"I remember that. He was always there to leap onto you and even me sometimes. He was always so excited to see you."

You chuckled tearfully.

"He used to steal my food and wake me up if I missed my alarm by licking me."

She smiled through her own tears.

"He was protective of me. He wasn't ever the type of dog to attack anyone, though. He was so loving. He was everyone's best friend."

"But yours, ultimately."

You nodded tearfully and sniffled.

"He loved you though."

"I loved him too." She said as she buried her lips in your hair.

"I don't know how to get through life without him."

"He's going to be looking out for you. He's going to look down at you, knowing that he had the best life because of you. That he couldn't have ever been happier or more loved."

You didn't say anything. You just sobbed and held onto her tightly.

"Please don't let go." You whimpered. "It hurts too much. I miss him."

"I'm not going anywhere." She said as a tear fell down her cheek. "You cry it out, baby. I'll be right here to hold you through it." She promised and sniffled as more tears fell down her cheeks. "It's okay to miss him. You just let it all out. I've got you."

Your shoulders shook with your sobs. You soaked her hoodie with tears and clutched it so hard you'd probably tear it at some point.

But she didn't care. She wasn't letting you go. You needed time to heal. Despite the best and happiest memories being in your mind of your baby, it hurt to think about.

She needed some time to cry it out too. She loved that dog very much.

She held onto you just as tightly, hoping time would help to ease the intense and almost unbearable ache in your hearts.