calling her your wife when you're not married (requested)

You smiled as you stared down at your phone and read the text from Selena as she wished you the best of luck, knowing you're a little nervous about doing the podcast you were invited to join today.

It's the first one you'll be doing in quite some time and it's quite huge, always pulling in millions of listeners for each podcast. So when they said they wanted to speak with you, it was an opportunity you couldn't pass up.

"Hey, y/n," one of the girls greeted as the podcast went live. "It's so nice to have you here today!"

"Thank you for having me. I'm so happy to be here." You grinned and the girls that host the podcast giggled and started to ask you questions about things such as your upcoming projects that you have planned, hoping you'd give some scoops to them that you haven't given others yet.

"You're a busy bee!" One of them chuckled. "I love how well you balance your public life and your personal life. It's amazing. Also, can we talk about something huge that just happened for you? You and Selena just moved into a new home together. That's exciting!"

"Yeah," you grinned, cheeks turning red at the mention of your girl's name. "I'm happier than ever, very in love with my wife. We moved into what we think might be the home we really settle down in, in time. So, it's all so exciting."

While you were staring at them with bright eyes, they were shocked.

After a moment of silence, you furrowed your eyebrows, wondering if you'd said something you shouldn't have on air.

"Wait a minute, y/n," one of them chuckled. "Did I just hear what I think I heard?"

"Pretty sure you did. I heard it too." Another said.

"You and Selena got married? When did this happen?"

You looked at them in confusion.

"You called Selena your wife!"

"I did?" You asked, unaware that it'd even slipped from your lips.

"You did! Are you actually married?"

You were blushing and biting your lip.

You weren't. You were almost certain that was obvious, considering that since you're both in the public eye, it'd be all over the news and in every media outlet imaginable.

"No, we're not."

"Yet?" Another said, raising her eyebrows teasingly.

"Yet." You chuckled. "I'm being completely honest when I tell you that we're not even engaged. I guess it just slipped out. Sometimes I imagine what life with her will be like when that day comes around. I refer to her as my wife, just to myself sometimes. I've never slipped up like that before."

"Does Selena know this?" One of them asked, flabbergasted by your confession, but also quite smiley over it because, truthfully, it was quite cute.

"No."

They teasingly cooed and you lowered your head, trying hard to cover up the fact that you were blushing and smiling like crazy.

"That is absolutely adorable. I see the way you look at each other and I think that the day you do get engaged and tie the knot isn't too far away. You're very in love. You're most definitely soulmates, in it for life."

Your smile was bigger than ever.

As embarrassing as the slip-up was at first, you also couldn't wait to see Selena's reaction to it later on.

You have the feeling that they're right.

It probably won't be long before that day comes around.

You can't wait for it.