you call her your wife when you're not married - part three (requested)

"Selena?" You called out as you walked through the door. "Baby? Are you home?" You asked with a frown on your face.

All the lights were off and the rooms downstairs were empty, so you wondered if she was even home.

"Sel!" You yelled as you walked up the stairs, wondering if you'd hear her voice in return.

You walked down the hall to your shared room. Her name was on your lips but instead of that falling, a soft gasp escaped your mouth.

The bedroom floor was covered with rose petals and there were candles everywhere. It was a beautiful sight and it took your breath away.

"So? Do you like it?" You heard Selena ask from behind you.

You turned around to find her standing in the doorway of the bathroom. Her eyes were full of stars and her lips were tugged into a bright smile as she watched you look around in awe.

"Selena, this is beautiful. I don't even know what to say."

She took a few steps and then stood right in front of you. She took your hand and you felt that it was shaking, so you gave it a few squeezes in hopes that it'd comfort her.

"I love you." She whispered. "Everything about you."

"I love you too, Sel." You smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Every day that we spend together, I fall even more in love with you. You're so beautiful. You always make me laugh. You know how to cheer me up. Even on my worst days, you always bring a smile to my face. I feel so thankful that I get to love you. I want to spend the rest of my life making your dreams come true and making you as happy as you make me. I want to spend forever by your side, y/n."

You gasped as she got down on one knee and pulled the ring out from her pocket.

It was breathtaking; almost as breathtaking as her.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" You immediately answered and got down on your knees in front of her.

She slipped the ring onto your finger and then pulled you in for a sweet kiss as you looped your arms around her neck and moved your lips lovingly against hers.

"We're getting married!" You smiled through the tears of happiness in your eyes.

"I told you it wouldn't be long, didn't I?" She smiled against your lips before you pulled back and put your head on her shoulder. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Selena." You whispered as you stared down at the ring on your finger, so ready and so excited to spend the rest of your life right by her side.