Chapter 20

"Be careful, idiots" warned Ophia.

"It's Tim that sl sl slid" protested Dug.

"Shut up," said Jörg whispering. "If we get caught we will all end up in the re-education plan! Whatever that is."

"What do you mean?" asked softly Evi.

"That they would do to us what they did to Kurtz," said Tim. "Don't tell me you didn't notice that there is something wrong in that boy?!"

Evi wanted to say something but in her heart she knew that Tim was right; from the start it was clear that Kurtz was a bit more than just 'weird'."

"What do you me me mean?" asked instead Dug.

"Stop it, fat dumbo" said Ophia "and get moving!"

"I'm not fa fat, I'm only bi big" protested Dug accelerating his pace.

"Stop it all of you and save your breath," ordered Jörg. "There are only two hours left before the judges realize the empty bunks of Tim and Dug and give the alarm. Then we can say goodbye to us being in advantage. We would have them immediately at our heels."

"So wh wh why don't we fl fly?" asked Dug. "We would arrive at the Ci Citadel in half a da day."

Jörg turned and replied: "Kurtz told me that there are sentinels along the roads leading to the Citadel. They would catch us immediately."

"So we're not going home?" asked Ophia.

"No," said Evi who was aware of Jörgs plan. "We have to first lose our tracks. There will be a bit of walking to do."

"What?!! I'm already ti tired" complained Dug.

"I told you to stop talking for no reason" said Ophia. "If you open your mouth again I'll break your nose, I promise!"

Dug said nothing more and picked up his pace in order to keep up with the others.