Prologue

My life has become so wretched ever since my parents passed away, now I'm a maid in my mansion, I was my parents' princess all my life and my older sister loved me dearly, but then when I was 10, my mom and dad passed and my sister had just disapp...

My life has become so wretched ever since my parents passed away, now I'm a maid in my mansion, I was my parents' princess all my life and my older sister loved me dearly, but then when I was 10, my mom and dad passed and my sister had just disappeared, which my uncle and aunt found amazing as they could get their hands on our property more quickly, so they didn't even try to find her, and I ended up alone with them, as their maid. Honestly, if only my parents were alive, I could've lived a beautiful life, not a miserable one.

"Isabelle!" My uncle yelled from, I think, the living room. Without answering, I rushed downstairs.
"Uncle, did you call me?"
"Isabelle, darling, we've wonderful news for you, you have just saved your uncle's life," My aunt said as I walked into the living room where my cousin sister, Ivy, my aunt, and my uncle were seating on the couch. "What do you mean?" "Well, you see, I was indebted to The Devil, and as I couldn't pay it off, I sold you to him, now you will no longer be a burden to me. Isn't that wonderful" he said with a chuckle at the end as my eyes widened, and tears started to form in them.

"HOW COULD YOU FUCKING DO THAT TO ME! HOW COULD YOU SELL ME OFF LIKE THAT? AM I AN OBJECT TO YOU?!" I yelled at them as my uncle clenched his jaw and said "Don't you dare raise your voice at me young lady, unless you want to face the consequences. Don't forget all that I've done for you. I let you live here, in my house, fed you, and even let you do your education." "Yeah? What have you EVER done for me? You only provided for me because of my parents' will, I bet you would've thrown me out otherwise. And this house? It BELONGS to ME!" I said with a slight yell, and my uncle harshly pulled my hair, as I screamed due to the pain. "Stop it, you're hurting me," I said while crying and then he threw me on the ground. My aunt then grabbed my hair and made me look at her, saying "You will go with him when he comes tomorrow, understood?" I couldn't say anything, tears just kept flowing down my eyes, which made my aunt even more mad, "I asked you something Isabelle." "Y-y-yes." Somehow, I managed to speak. "Good, now go back to your room." My aunt said as she finally let go of me, and I ran upstairs, back to my room, and slammed the door shut.

I jumped onto my bed and cried my heart out. How could they do that to me? I was only 17, I hadn't even completed high school and they were selling me off, and not just to anyone but to the most feared mafia of Italy. Different thoughts spiraled inside my head. I kept wondering that if my parents or even just my sister would've been here, would things be different? Soon I had fallen asleep.

***

I woke up as the sunlight hit my eyes and saw a dress lying on the couch. I got out of my bed just as my aunt and Ivy entered my room. "Thank goodness you're up, now c'mon, we got to get you ready," Ivy said. "Now, go and take a bath." I knew arguing would only get me abused more so I quietly obeyed and went into the bathroom to take a bath. I came out after about 30 minutes and saw a beautiful white floral dress lying on my bed, with a note saying, "Quickly wear this and apply some light makeup, I'm giving you my kit. Once you're dressed, pack up your things, there are 2 suitcases inside your cupboard, then come into my room."

I did as my sister told me to, put on that dress, and then packed everything up. I decided to put on makeup in the end because I knew that I was going to cry. As I thought, I cried a lot while packing my things. It had been about an hour or so when I was done. I let out a sigh and said "I guess this is the last time to ever come here now..." I then headed to Ivy's room and knocked, and she told me to come in.

"Finally, you're here." saying that she scanned me, top to bottom. "You do look good in that, and your makeup skills aren't bad either." I rolled my eyes at her comment as she continued saying, "C'mon, everyone's waiting downstairs for you."

"What do you mean everyone?"

"Mom, Dad, and..." She said as she smirked before completing that sentence. "The Devil."

Fear washed over me as my eyes widened and my mouth let out a gasp. A few tears rolled down my cheek.

"Now now, don't cry, we can't ruin that makeup, now, can we? Let's go."

As we walked down the stairs, I saw my aunt, uncle, and a man sitting with them on the couch.
That man must be The Devil. Two men stood behind him. I saw him talking to my uncle, but they stopped as Ivy announced, "We're here." His cold gaze then met with my scared one as he walked towards me.

***
If you guys like the story please vote and comment!