When they reach the top, a deli-style picnic awaits them. They ate grilled pineapple meatball skewers, fruit kabobs, aloha burgers, and pineapple upside down cupcakes as they admired the view of the Kīlauea Iki crater.

 They ate grilled pineapple meatball skewers, fruit kabobs, aloha burgers, and pineapple upside down cupcakes as they admired the view of the Kīlauea Iki crater

Stem vents plume from the massive crater, known as the home of Pele, the volcano goddess. They were both looking at the glorious crater when Jade suddenly stood up and looked around them.

Perrie gazed up at her and wondered what the brunette was looking for

"Coast is clear. They're gone." She said.

Perrie looks around them as well and finds that the tour guides were indeed nowhere in sight. They retired in the staff quarter near the place where she and Jade were having a picnic.

Jade offers her hand out for Perrie. The blonde gladly takes the brunette's hand in hers and follows where Jade was going.

"Okay, what kind of mischief are you planning this time?"

She stops to lean closer to Perrie and whispers. "We're going closer to the crater. See if there's real lava inside."

Perrie's eyes grew wide. "Isn't that dangerous?"

"Relax...have a little faith in me, will ya?" She sends a wink to Perrie and continues to trek towards the crater.

"The tour guides told us that the smoke coming from the volcano is a mix of mostly water vapor, carbon dioxide, and sulfur gas...so I think it's not because of the lava? Otherwise the volcano would have erupted anytime now, and going closer to it won't be such a good idea."

"Or..." Jade slows her pace. "...maybe there are demons cooking inside the volcano and that's where the plumes really come from." She spun at the blonde and flashed a smile.

Perrie chuckles at the thought of what Jade just said. "You little daredevil."

"I know you're a little daredevil, too. You're just careful not to break the rules."

"Well, you're not wrong." Perrie sighs. Jade was still holding her hand as they made their way to the crater. "Breaking the law...it's my brother's forte, and he always gets away with it–perks of being our father's favorite."