Chapter 11

BEEP BEEP B... "bloody hell I hate alarms" I moan out. Aoife must have heard me and just laughs. "I see both of us aren't morning people" I just look at her giving her a small nod.

We change into our gear and get ready to go and have breakfast, a lot of the girls are there. I end up having toast, eggs and sausages. It's fairly quiet as no one is really in the mood to talk.

After food we go and get ready for training and go out to the pitch we do a quick warm up and a lot of drills, mostly match based drills which are doing things under pressure and you have to be precise. I did very well I think i found it a lot less physical than Katie and Rafa being at you so it was okay. After training we did recovery so ice baths in turns with music playing.

Our game against Scotland is in 2 days and our game to Serbia is next week. The England girls are coming the day before the Scotland game. But I don't think they will be watching as they will be very busy.

We had dinner and did some team bonding in one of the girls room I don't remember her name. I sat on the chair with aoife squashed on with me. We played truth and dare which was very entertaining and chaotic. One of the girls pretend she was hurt to the physio and failed after like 5 mins. Others had to text their crush's and some had to the prank calls. I had a truth "would you get with anyone on the team?" I was asked. I just looked down and smiled "ya I would" I respond they tried to get it out of me but I didn't say anything after.

We ended up being to told to go to our own rooms to go to sleep so off we went. We went for showers in turns and got ready for bed. "So you would get with someone from the team?" Aoife asked "ya, would you?" I replied still carrying on getting ready "mmmh ya maybe" she replied unsure "uuuh who is it?" I questioned "doesn't matter" she replied quickly and nervously.

After that little awkward moment we went off to bed as it was late, we also had to be up early for a light training session and than a heavy one later in the day.

BEEP BE... "your getting quicker" I heard a voice next to me which I knew to be aoife. "Ya unfortunately" I replied. We got up eventually and did the same thing as the day before as in have breakfast and get changed than go out to the pitch to train which was mostly set pieces. It was easy enough nothing too difficult.

One of the girls who I learnt was Zoe did something to her ankle so eventually she got told to go back home as there's no point of her being there. Not to sound mean or anything but I was kinda happy as she was a defensive midfielder like me.

After training we had lunch and were left to do whatever we want I went for a walk and started replying to everyone like the arsenal group chat which was the girls complaining it's cold will katie was saying it's fine and was out in shorts. My friends and I have not been in contact much except for Amelia. My parents didn't say anything but Sarah my younger sister asked for me to send on money for her to go shopping which me being in a good mood I did send her £350.

When I got back I got ready for our evening session which we knew to be hard which was mostly just a lot of running which was horrible but after that it was fine.

Skip to the match as it has been all the same for 2 days. We are currently on the bus to one of the pitches and when we arrive we get ready me getting my number 6 jersey. We go out for warm up and we go back in we were told the team and I was starting. When we go to walk out we hear a cheer from the side I have a look over and it's .......