𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
[21]

edited 10.2.23

a/n; mentions of sex, gore, weapons, death !!

❥ Sam and Tara had gotten to the scene faster than Kira, Chad, or any of the others. And pretty soon they were all sat in the hospital waiting to hear if Gale would even make it out alive.

"You okay baby?" Chad asked, rubbing Kira's side gently as he looked down at her.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Kira said quietly, worried for Gale and wanting her to live another day. She looked up when she saw Danny run over to the group.

"I got here as fast as I could." He explained and looked at Samantha, checking her over.

The teens watched him suspiciously. "Did you?" Tara asked, furrowing her brows.

"I'm scared you guys.. I really don't want to get hurt again." Mindy mumbled, hugging her knees and looking down.

"Neither do I," Chad admitted quietly, clenching his jaw as he held Kira gently against his side.

"So what do we do now?" Kira asked them and looked at the group.

"Maybe he gets to win this time... he wants to punish me... so maybe I let him.. If this is what I have to do to keep you guys safe, it's worth it." Sam said softly, ready to accept her fate.

"No. We're not doing that! You make the decision to protect us all every day. You have to let us protect you this time." Tara said with determination.

"We are a team." Kira reminded and looked at Sam with soft eyes. "No matter what happens."

"Actually, we're family." Mindy corrected and looked at them with soft eyes.

"He's gonna keep coming after us.." Sam sniffled and looked at them with tears in her eyes.

"Isn't there somewhere safe we can like.. hole up in?" Ethan asked and looked at them with big eyes.

"He's just gonna keep finding us," Tara said simply and looked at him before looking away. "But good thinking."

"Great.." Ethan grumbled quietly and looked down at his sneakers, scuffing them against the floor as he thought.

"We could use that though," Tara said and looked at them before calling Bailey as quickly as she could, determination in her eyes again.

"Wait wait wait- you wanna do what?" He asked after a moment.

"Lure him to a secure location and trap him inside," Tara explained as if it were simple.

"And then what?" Bailey asked through the phone, a small sigh leaving his lips.

"We execute him," Tara said simply and looked at the others. "All of us."

"Hell yeah!" Kira blurted out before covering her mouth. "Sorry.." She blushed in embarrassment and hid her face in Chad's chest.

Chad laughed quietly and wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her sides and keeping her close.

Tara smiled. "So are you going to help us?" She asked Bailey.

"Let's kill this son of a bitch." Bailey replied.

~~~~~~~~

The subway was filled with people in costumes for Halloween and such. Kira's horror movie geek side was having a ball but anytime she saw anything even remotely similar to the Ghostface costumes she froze up and felt sick.

She followed the group down the steps and towards a train that was waiting. She heard Mindy yelling and looked back. "Shit! Mindy!" She hollered but it did nothing as they lost her.

Chad pulled Kira into the subway at the last minute as the doors closed on Mindy and Ethan.

Kira frowned and looked at Mindy. "Call me when you get on a train!" She yelled loud enough for the girl to hear.

Mindy nodded as she walked away, probably not wanting to stand with Ethan to wait.

It was cramped inside. Kira barely stood upright as every bump collided her against Chad. Usually, she wouldn't mind the grinding but this was life or death, not sex.

"Where's Mindy?" Sam asked looking around. "And Ethan?" She asked worriedly.

"She missed the train. I was gonna wait for her but the door shut. Barely got Kira inside without losing an arm." Chad explained.

"It's fine. She's with Ethan. Everything's fine." Chad looked down at his phone. He put his phone away and looked up. "Shit..."

Kira and the others looked to see multiple people in Ghostface costumes, staring at them. Kira froze as she stared at the people with wide eyes.

"How many stops do we have?" Tara asked Sam and looked up.

"Ten," Sam said and looked at them before looking away.

Kira held onto Chad gently as they came around on one of the first few stops. The lights came on as everyone looked towards the costumes again. One was moving closer at a quick pace.

"Guys.." Sam said, looking at it with widening eyes of fear.

In unison, Chad and Danny stood in front of the girls, watching the person in the costume wave and walk off of the train.

Kira held Chad's hand, rubbing his knuckles as the other hand was holding onto the necklace he had given her, making her shake slightly as she thought.

Within an hour, they finally made it to the movie theater.

Sam had told Danny to go somewhere else until it was over before the four of them and Kirby walked inside, looking around.

"I cleared the whole place before you got here. This is the only way in or out." Kirby pointed to the front door. "And he has to have a card to get out so.."

"I'm gonna check in with Mindy. See if they're close." Kira said as she grabbed her phone from her pocket and walked off towards the back of the stage, looking around at all of the abandoned things as she did so.

It rang a few times before going to voicemail causing a worried sigh to leave the girl's lips. "Come on, Mindy." She said quietly and looked down at her phone, calling again. Once again it went to voicemail.

That's when the lights went out. "Fuck.." Kira looked around before looking for the flashlight on her phone. She found it and managed to find an old battery lamp, turning it on. "Chad?"

"I'm right here baby." Chad walked over and hugged her close. "You okay?"

"Can't get ahold of Mindy," Kira said and hugged him gently, laying her head against him as she sighed.

"I'm sure she's okay. Service sucks in the subway, ya know?" Chad smiled a little and kissed her cheek.

Kira nodded and played with his hair gently. "You know I love you so much, right?"

"You've said it once or twice, yeah." Chad joked and cupped her cheeks gently as he looked down at her. "I love you too baby."

"You better. I'd be pretty pissed if you didn't." Kira grinned and looked up at him, kissing him deeply.

Chad kissed back gently before picking her up and sitting her on the counter, rubbing gently at her thighs.

The rest was history..