𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
[18]

edited 10.2.23

a/n; mentions of sex, violence, gore !!

❥ Sleeping the majority of the day wasn't hard considering Kira, Tara, and Sam hadn't gotten any of it the night before. It was at around noon when Chad finally woke Kira up for class.

"Baby come on. We gotta get ready for class." Chad explained as he helped her sit up before pulling off the girl's shirt as he grabbed a new outfit for her.

Kira groaned quietly and rubbed at her eyes as she let Chad get her dressed and such before doing her makeup and hair and such.

It wasn't long before she was sitting on the bench with the group, sipping coffee to try and get herself awake.

"Listen up, Nerds!" Mindy said as she stood up and looked at the group. "As terrifying as it is, I would like to take my chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time." She informed.

Kira leaned against Chad's side as she looked down at his homework with a tired gaze.

"The way I see it, someone is out to make a sequel to the requel," Mindy informed the group.

Anika raised her hand. "Uhm.. what's a requel?" She asked softly.

"You're beautiful, sweetie. But let's hold questions til the end." Mindy advised.

Anika smiled at Mindy and nodded, simply happy to listen to her girlfriend's ranting.

"Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro," Sam informed as she crossed her arms, staying seated. "Stab 2 took place in college."

"So we think that the killer is trying to copy to movies?" Tara asked as she leaned back against the bench, glancing at Sam.

"That is one possibility." Mindy nodded. "Heros are now in college, check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round up on the suspect list and or for body count, check, check, and check." She pointed at Anika, Ethan, and Quinn.

Ethan shook his head and looked away. "I don't like this." He mumbled simply and messed with his jacket.

"But it can't just be about Stab 2," Mindy informed softly.

"Why not?" Tara asked softly and furrowed her brows in confusion.

"It would make sense if this were just a sequel. But we're not in a sequel, because nobody just makes sequels anymore. We're in a franchise!" She opened her arms up. "And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise!"

Everyone collectively groaned, knowing the sort of rampage Mindy would go on now.

Chad wrapped his arm around Kira more and offered a small smile. "Here it comes.." He joked.

"Rule 1: Everything is bigger than last time! Bigger body count, bigger budget, bigger cast, longer chases, shootouts, beheadings." Mindy listed.

Chad looked up from his homework. "Beheadings?" He asked softly, looking a little frightened.

"Beheadings," Mindy confirmed. "Rule 2: Whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by subverting everyone's expectations. If the killers last time were whiney snowflake film nerds with letter box accounts instead of personalities, you can bet the opposite will be true here." She explained.

"And rule 3: No one is safe. Legacy characters? Cannon fodder at this point." She looked at them. "Usually brought back in some cheap bid for nostalgia. Not looking too good for Gale and Kirby." She admitted. "Oh! And that's not even the worst part!"