𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX
[6]

edited 10.2.23

❥ The porch swing had always been one of Kira's go-to spots at the Meeks-Martin house. Ever since she was a little girl it had always been her favorite place to sit and relax or just think.

Sadly, that meant she would be easier to find after storming out of the house.

"You know, no one was trying to be mean to Sam. Right?" Chad asked, slowly walking over and sitting down beside the blonde.

Kira looked up and hugged herself tighter as she moved herself so that Chad could sit. "Yeah well, you were." She informed. "It was really rude of you all to assume she's the killer when she just worked up the courage to tell us about her father."

Chad nodded. "I totally agree. And I plan on apologizing as soon as I see her again. But I wanted to talk to you first." He admitted, seeming to be genuine.

Kira shrugged. "It's not a big deal. It was just upsetting that everyone turned on her."

"I know... Are you okay?" Chad asked with a soft tone, reaching over and putting his hand out to lightly place on top of Kira's.

The girl's eyes darted to his large hand resting on her smaller one, the pale skin covered with his dark skin made her heart flutter and she knew it was wrong. She shouldn't want this.. Chad was dating Liv. Her eyes slowly looked back to Chad's brown ones.

Chad smiled slightly. "I really do admire how much you care about people." He mentioned. "It's nice to know someone will have my back if anyone runs their mouth about me." He joked.

Kira smiled slightly. "Yeah, well I can only defend so much." She warned playfully.

"Are you saying you won't be my verbal bodyguard? How dare you, Ki?" Chad smiled at the girl, his eyes lighting up when his joke brought a giggle from the girl. He loved those sounds.

Kira giggled softly and shook her head. "I don't think I'd be much of a bodyguard, verbal or not." She admitted.

She had always been pretty small when it came to muscles and height. But, she had an attitude to back herself up so she was happy.

"Oh, you'd be a badass bodyguard." Chad joked and stood, offering his hands to her. "Come on. Let's take a walk, yeah?"

"Where?" Kira asked as she slowly took his hand and followed him down the porch steps. She hadn't been alone with Chad like this since they were young—though she trusted him.

"To our old spot." Chad grinned. "We can eat snacks, and gossip. Just take some time and cool off, yeah?" The boy asked as he led her towards the woods across the street, heading down the old path they used to ride their bikes down.

Kira smiled to herself as she followed the boy, excited to do this. She would never try to get with Chad unless he was single but maybe just hanging out with him would help her move on from her crush on him.

Within about 10 minutes, the two approached an old tree house, only a few feet off of the ground but Kira swore it was 100 feet when she was a little girl. Her eyes lit up as she stared at it. Sure, it was grown up by weeds and such but it was pretty well the same tree house.

"It's still here!" Kira giggled as she ran to the ladder, testing it out slightly before beginning to climb up.

Chad laughed. "It's only been like five years, Ki." He explained, heading up the ladder behind her.

Kira opened the floor hatch and pulled herself up into it, looking around at all of the posters of their favorite childhood bands and such. Their board games, Mindy's favorite horror movies, Wes' and Kira's favorite plushies. Chad's sports cards.