𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY
[20]

edited 10.2.23

a/n; death, gore, weapons !!

❥ "Oh my god! Baby! Are you okay?" Chad ran over to Kira as soon as he saw her and Sam step out of the apartment complex.

"I'm okay," Kira promised and melted against Chad as he pulled her into his chest gently.

Kira practically broke down against his chest. "I-I was so scared.." She whimpered softly.

"I know baby.. I know.. but I'm here now and no one is ever going to hurt you again.." Chad promised and kissed her head as he gently picked her up and brought her to an ambulance, sitting her inside as the paramedics began to fix her up.

Kira held his hand the entire time as the group came to check on her one by one. Even Mindy did although she looked almost numb considering she had just watched her girlfriend die.

Sam was standing off to the side smoking a cigarette as Detective Bailey was holding back tears, walking towards her to talk.

Ethan walked under the tape as Kira looked over. "Is that Ethan?" She asked quietly as she moved to stand once the paramedics had finished.

Chad looked over and saw him, grabbing him by the collar of the shirt and shoving him against a van roughly. "Where were you?! Huh?! You think it's funny to attack people? You think it's funny to attack my girl? Huh? I'll fucking kill you!" Chad snapped lowly.

Kira gasped and went quickly towards them. "Chad stop! Stop!" She begged quickly.

"I had ECON man! I swear! There were like a hundred other people there! Ask any of them!" Ethan said quickly and put his hands up in defense.

"Bullshit man! You disappear and my sister almost gets killed! You're gone and my girl gets hurt?!" Chad snapped as he glared dangerously.

"Dude it was a study hall with so many people! Ask them!" Ethan said quickly.

Kira gently grabbed Chad's arms. "Stop... I know you're mad but he didn't do this okay? He has study hall every week." She reminded in a soft tone.

Chad slowly let go and sighed, looking away—clearly still angry but not wanting to fight too much.

Ethan saw the tarp in the alleyway covering Anika's body and gasped quietly. "Who?"

"Anika... Quinn was upstairs too." Chad said softly and huffed a little, although there was compassion in his voice.

Kira looked at Ethan and slowly hugged him knowing he was close with Anika. "I'm sorry, Eth."

Ethan wrapped his arms around her and held her close, rubbing her back. "Thank you." He mumbled.

Kira winced but didn't have the heart to tell Ethan to stop considering the bruises she had now. "We'll get through this." She promised before beginning to pull away.

"Yeah.. we will, won't we?" Ethan's grip remained tight, making it awkward for Kira to try and pull away as she furrowed her brows a little, pulling slightly harder which loosened the boy's grip.

"Come on, let's make sure you're free to go." Chad wrapped his arm around Kira and went to ask the paramedics if they were good.

Kira tried to ignore the odd feeling Ethan had given her, walking towards Tara and Sam when she was cleared. She could see them talking to Gale now.

"I'm here for whatever you need," Gale promised them as Kira scoffed and stood beside Tara.

"Yeah whatever you need for the next chapter of your book, huh?" Kira asked.