𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE
[5]

edited 10.2.23

❥ "Jesus, were you all sleeping?" Sam asked as she walked into the house and looked at everyone.

Everyone had slowly begun to wake up by now, thanks to the knocking and such. Amber groaned quietly as she sat up more and turned off the TV. "What's this about, Sam?"

"It's about the murders going on. So I need everyone to listen okay?" Sam sat down on the couch as Richie joined her.

An older man walked into the room and sat on the edge of the couch. It took Kira a few minutes to figure it out before she realized who it was. "Dewey?" She sat up a bit.

Dewey looked over and seemed a bit surprised. "Kira.. Wes. It's been a long time.. you've grown up." He said softly, a smile resting on his lips.

Kira smiled softly at Dewey. She used to spend a lot of time at the station with her brother, waiting for their mother to finish a shift. Dewey had always given them snacks and toys and even let them watch TV on his computer on slow days.

Chad looked over at Kira before looking towards Dewey. "You guys know each other?" He asked in confusion.

"Yeah, we used to be at the station with Mom a lot," Wes answered as Martha Meeks walked in with a platter of snack foods for them. She gasped loudly causing all the teens to look at her in worry.

Her eyes were set on Dewey, wide and excited—maybe even a bit flustered. "Deputy Dewey?!"

"Martha." Dewey stood and smiled at the woman a bit, wrapping his arms around her gently.

The woman hugged him for a moment before pulling away. "You look..... wow.." Martha nodded a little, her flustered expression fading and turning into one being unimpressed.

Dewey did not in fact look wow. He looked very much.. ew? Maybe not. He had gone through a lot.

He looked as if he hadn't shaved or bathed in a while although maybe that was just a part of getting older. He looked rough and his eyes were bloodshot. No one could escape the smell of alcohol on him.

"Thanks.." Dewey trailed off, having not really taken it as a compliment. But how could you take a compliment when it wasn't really given in the first place?

"Nice picture," Richie commented to break the awkward silence that had been set upon them.

"Randy was our uncle. RIP." Mindy blew a kiss to the picture and plaque of Randy on the fireplace.

Kira awkwardly looked away from the picture. She remembered the crush she had on Randy's pictures when she was a child.. now it embarrassed her to her core.

Sam looked at it before looking at the others. "Hey guys." She said softly, sitting down and trying to get everyone's attention.

Kira offered a small smile at Sam but her view of the girl was blocked by Liv, standing there and crossing her arms. "That's my spot."

"What?" Kira asked, blinking as she looked at the girl with soft and confused eyes.

"The spot you're in? That's mine. Move." Liv said, obviously frustrated as she looked at Chad like she was going to scream at him later.

Kira looked, noticing she was right beside Chad. Was this not allowed? They were friends. She rolled her eyes and stood, moving over. The jealousy was becoming a bit ridiculous. "Happy?"

"Very," Liv smirked and sat down, moving Chad's hand to gently caress her thigh. What a tease.

Everyone knew she would probably never let Chad sleep with her and now just because she was jealous, she was going to get his hopes up? It was wrong and she knew that Chad would beat himself up about it later. If she really knew her boyfriend, she wouldn't let him down constantly—or lead him on.