𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
[17]

edited 10.2.23

a/n; death, gore, mentions of scars, violence !!

❥ The coffee at the police station almost burnt Kira's throat when she had the first sip but after that, she had sucked down about three small cups of the stuff.

Tara and Sam were half asleep but she didn't seem to mind. Not until the detective walked in.

Detective Bailey, Quinn's father, walked in and showed them a mask. "This was found in the apartment next to the body at the crime scene." He informed the group and laid it down on the table that was already spread out with pictures and such of the crime scene.

"DNA says it belonged to someone named Richie Kirsch." He added and looked at the three girls. "Does that ring a bell?"

"We're familiar with him," Sam said simply and watched him closely, distrust in her dark eyes as she sat up and crossed her arms over her chest.

"But the one that attacked us had a different mask on," Tara mentioned, looking down at the mask.

"Yeah, it was like old and cracked.. sort of broken." Kira chimed in with a small nod, looking at the mask as well. "This isn't it."

"Ah.." Detective Bailey sighed and thought. "Look, I gotta ask.. do you three have alibi's for earlier today?" He asked them.

"Kira and I were at a party with our friends." Tara leaned back and gave a guilty look to Sam before looking away.

Sam sighed quietly. "I was at my therapist's office. I can give you his information. You can call and check if you want." She said. "Then I met Tara and the group at that party.. where I tased someone.... unrelated." She explained.

"Was that before or after this happened?" Bailey asked as he opened his phone and showed the video of Sam getting the drink thrown at her.

Sam tensed up a bit before shaking her head, seemingly disgusted with her own reaction. "Before." She answered truthfully.

"Point is; we were with people all night," Tara explained and looked at the male with tired brown eyes. They were exhausted—except maybe Kira considering she was on her fourth coffee.

"So.. our roommate's dad just happened to pull our case," Sam said after a moment of thought, keeping her gaze steadily trained on Bailey.

"That'd be a crazy coincidence. Right?" Bailey said softly, a small chuckle leaving his lips. "The detective who had the case offered it to me considering it involves Quinn. But I can totally give it back if you're uncomfortable.."

Kira looked between the two closely as she thought to herself. She knew what Sam was getting at and yeah, it was suspicious—but Bailey's explanation made sense.

Sam shook her head a little. "It's fine." She admitted and rubbed her forehead, seemingly too tired to argue it.

"Well if someone did steal your ID and plant it next to the body, then it probably is someone close to you," Bailey informed.

"Well, we moved here with Mindy, Chad, and Kira for the summer semester like 6 months ago," Tara explained. "So Quinn... Ethan.. Anika.. all since then." She said.

"I think I can vouch for Quinn so that's one less we have to worry about," Bailey said, sitting up a bit. Kira furrowed her brows and glanced at Tara with confusion in her eyes. A detective usually wouldn't say that—no matter the relative.